Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rossi stick welders.

I gotta glue some SHS together (50 x 50 x 1.6mm).

These things are like $125.00 at kogan or $165.00 on ebay (slightly different machine).

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/rossi-2...lding-machine/

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-ROSS...768f:rk:1:pf:0

How shit are they ?

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

My "rossmark" welder was $100 from eBay, blows holes in 1.6 but I think that's because i am a shit welder, I just make stuff out of thickwall to fix that.

Leads are a but short, earth clamp was a bit shit but you pay for what you get. Worth getting one to give a go if you can't borrow a mig, Good to have something like this IMHO and much better than a cheap transformer machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadsailing View Post
      My "rossmark" welder was $100 from eBay, blows holes in 1.6 but I think that's because i am a shit welder, I just make stuff out of thickwall to fix that.

Leads are a but short, earth clamp was a bit shit but you pay for what you get. Worth getting one to give a go if you can't borrow a mig, Good to have something like this IMHO and much better than a cheap transformer machine.
      Would love to fork a bit more for a decent mig but dont really have the need for it or the work area (welding outdoors)... cheapo stick will sort this job and all in cost inc machine, steel, sticks and consumables will be cheaper than using wood !!

But if they are utter shite I'll consider tipping some coin at something better.

Comment

Mine does what I need it to, can't comment relative to good stick welders as I've never used one, it sucked until I got rods that worked for me (cheap 6013s from total tools)

Definitely works better than a 100 dollar welder has any right to, I think Rossi is close to the top of the Chinese garbage pile so can only guess it would be at least as good as mine.

I've got a coppermate something MIG too, I'd rather use this stick than having to buy gas or put up with fluxcore but I've never been a good migger either.

Comment

They work fine. 3.2 rods and a quick hand.
          amps around 110, done shitloads with those little shit inverter welders outside, all the brands are nearly the same.
          get lead like a leader

Comment

I've had mine for about 5 years, still works.
            Never managed to overheat it, even burning 3.2mm LB52U rods.

The original leads are crap, but they use a standard connector so I used another decent set.
            Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Comment

Thanks guys, have abandoned the project made from steel and just smashed a few bits of wood together instead.... care factor has been depleted.

Comment

Working...
              X