Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madhatr View Post
    Leave switch on, turn off at wall. Problem solved?
    Currently plugging in and out due to lack of power points (see: rental). But yes, its not a huge issue, just one that i dont understand from a usability point of view.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Considering upgrading my ageing ChinaTIG and looking at the SWS Alumtig as suggested by someone somewhere in one of these threads. Look to be a decent thing but keen to learn more.

Anyone actually have one?
      Chris
      ------
      The new nugget
      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Looking for a welding respirator. I have two respirators both too big to fit under the helmet.

What do you lads use?

Comment

I use a UniMig shallow filter.
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget

Comment

Thanks buddy. I'll chase that up.

Comment

They seem to have heaps at Bunnings around here currently. Not unimig branded but same mask.
              Chris
              ------
              The new nugget

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                Looking for a welding respirator. I have two respirators both too big to fit under the helmet.

What do you lads use?
                i've got a 3M 7500 series (7800 I think) and use the disc type filters on it, fits under the mask I use fine.

Comment

I use a Speedglas 9100FX with adflo, not cheap but works well. Has a particle and gas filter.

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                    Thanks buddy. I'll chase that up.
                    For reference, it is this one https://sydneytools.com.au/product/u...or-mediumlarge

I have a 7500 as well, but it doesnt fit well under my Miller Digital Elite.
                    Chris
                    ------
                    The new nugget

Comment

I bought one of these

It has a colour screen that displays material and thickness with profiles for all the combinations. I bought it because I'm a duffer and I need all the help I can get with welder setup.
                      Unit ran me approx $1700 from Sydney Tools. It comes with a MIG torch and a gauge/flow meter but nothing much else. If you want a TIG torch and a foot controller, you'll have to splurge extra.
                      I can't give you any kind of review as I haven't even got it out of the box yet!
                      Last edited by Benonymous; 20-05-20, 03:20 PM.
                      “Buy the ticket, take the ride.’”
                      ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Mizone. I use a3m as well, fits under a kemppi helmet fine

https://www.totaltools.com.au/112302...it-at010590654

Probably should use it more but generally only use it for galv work or if I'm doing lots of heavy structural work.
                        GAS 260Z RB26DET
                        GAS 1600 3SGE BEAMS

Comment

Originally posted by Benonymous View Post
                          I bought one of these

It has a colour screen that displays material and thickness with profiles for all the combinations. I bought it because I'm a duffer and I need all the help I can get with welder setup.
                          Unit ran me approx $1700 from Sydney Tools. It comes with a MIG torch and a gauge/flow meter but nothing much else. If you want a TIG torch and a foot controller, you'll have to splurge extra.
                          I can't give you any kind of review as I haven't even got it out of the box yet!
                          Great buy, I prefer them over the Uni. ESAB all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by garvice View Post
                            Mizone. I use a3m as well, fits under a kemppi helmet fine

https://www.totaltools.com.au/112302...it-at010590654

Probably should use it more but generally only use it for galv work or if I'm doing lots of heavy structural work.
                            I have the 3M and it doesn't fit under my helmet,a Weldclass ProMax 350. I ended up buying the Eclipse one from Hare and Forbes as I had store credit there. It doesn't work as well as I had hoped as I can still smell the weld. I'm only rosette welding this zinc annealed stuff but have starting wearing it on everything I weld and grind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mask.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	7146548

Thank CIG looks like a Miller 200

Click image for larger version  Name:	maxresdefault.jpg Views:	0 Size:	196.0 KB ID:	7146404
                            Last edited by mizone; 24-05-20, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X