Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clamps for welding tables etc

Wanting to get some more clamps for holding bits and bubs together when welding. Ive cut up a few F clamps for various things, but sometimes the bulk of the clamp gets in the way. I have a drill press vice grip style clamp that bolts to the table, but its a pain for fast adjustment.

But on This Old Tony he seems to use this style of clamp a fair bit:

Looks to be fairly quick to setup, and leaves plenty of room around it for welding, but you never really see how it attaches to the table.

Anyone know what it is, or where to get them from?
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

just make up what they call a third arm, decent sized round bar (8-12mm diameter) welded to solid round bar/something heavy, look up "third arm welding" on google images for some examples

Comment

http://stronghandtools.com/stronghan...s/grasshopper/

But honestly, just make some.
      Originally posted by Marlin
      Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Yeah the bit on the bench is just two feet, welded to something heavy.

I thought TOT had a video about them, this looks OK and short.

Comment

Ah nice. I was searching under clamps, no wonder why it didnt come up. Will have to make a couple.
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Working...
            X