Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us your welding cart

I just picked up a new mig/Tig combo, first thing I need to build is a trolley to house it and a couple of bottles. Show me what you've made so I can steal your good ideas and take credit for it when people complement my work.

I think this one has some pretty nice features, but the cantilever design doesn't sit well with me.
    https://youtu.be/sb1_T3gzH2o

Comment

You can see mine to the left here:

Except i have a new CIG in the bottom. Works pretty well.

Needs bigger castors though, but cant be bothered pulling it all down to weld them on.
      Chris
      ------
      The new nugget
      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Nice, anything else you would change?

Comment

Not really. I toyed with having the MIG higher up, but with the COG it felt a bit squiffy, hence putting it further down.

With the new inverter MIG i would consider having it right below the TIG again.

Having the gas bottles to the side is a little odd i think for most trolleys, but i specifically wanted to keep it within a 600-650mm deep platform so it didnt stick out from the work benches.

Edit: perhaps the one thing i would change would be to build the wooden drawer with a proper table saw that is capable of cutting at 90deg rather than all the panels being tapered by a degree or so.... :knock:
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

I've got cheapo 2-tier service cart (supercheap don't even seem to list them anymore) with a hole cut in the top level for the gas bottle to sit through. minimum effort welding cart. Gas bottle can't go anywhere, it's stable, and there's plenty of room for clamps/gloves/helmet/grinders and shit to live.
            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Working...
            X