Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoists

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hoists

    Just putting up a new shed in the interim before I build my new crib. Need 1 or 2 2 post hoists. Have looked at HAPP the new molnars and launch. Have various ppl I know with launch and molnar, all with no issues. If there anything I am missing? Price no big issue but like usual cheaper is ok if it a good product. This is not in a commercial setting, just in my personal workshop.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

    #2
    Checkout stertil-koni Earth lift range look awesome.
    Last edited by mad_cow; 27-03-21, 12:43 PM.

    Comment


      #3
      I've always liked my ravaglioli screw Jack hoist kpx337. I don't think it's too slow and I like the idea of it being a screw Jack rather then hydraulics (I've never had good luck with fluids). Also last time I priced then up they were around 3.5k but that was a long time ago, so cheaper then Molnar at the time (around 5k).
      Customer Cars
      GAS FAB XM Coupe - PerformanceForums
      GAS FAB Mk1 Escort - PerformanceForums
      GAS FAB - 1985 Porsche 911 3.2ltr Carrera Cabriolet - PerformanceForums

      GAS FAB Cars
      GAS 260Z RB26DET
      GAS 1600 3SGE BEAMS

      Comment


        #4
        I'm going with these http://tufflift.com.au/products/enth...RoCNNEQAvD_BwE

        No specific reason other than they rung me straight away after sending a query through.
        '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

        Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

        Comment


          #5
          Tuff lift looks pretty good from what I see there.
          3D scanning
          3D modelling
          Structural certification
          3 and 5 axis milling

          Comment


            #6
            Interested in 2nd hand Molnar? I know a guy. 4 years old, $2000 each. I think he has 2 maybe 3 left. I haven't seen them myself, but imagine they are a clear floor design. Removed out of a Ford service workshop.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by garvice View Post
              I've always liked my ravaglioli screw Jack hoist kpx337. I don't think it's too slow and I like the idea of it being a screw Jack rather then hydraulics (I've never had good luck with fluids). Also last time I priced then up they were around 3.5k but that was a long time ago, so cheaper then Molnar at the time (around 5k).
              What luck is there to have though? Theres very little to go wrong and you arent under an unsupported load courtesy of the safety blocks if you feel its a safety thing. Everything is sealed, so if you have the system serviced every few years to make sure the fluid stays clean, it'll run for ages.
              Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
              This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by fnlow View Post
                Interested in 2nd hand Molnar? I know a guy. 4 years old, $2000 each. I think he has 2 maybe 3 left. I haven't seen them myself, but imagine they are a clear floor design. Removed out of a Ford service workshop.
                Sorta but costs a bit to disassemble and remove that is almost makes it not worth it these days
                3D scanning
                3D modelling
                Structural certification
                3 and 5 axis milling

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Madhatr View Post

                  What luck is there to have though? Theres very little to go wrong and you arent under an unsupported load courtesy of the safety blocks if you feel its a safety thing. Everything is sealed, so if you have the system serviced every few years to make sure the fluid stays clean, it'll run for ages.
                  It's more about the fact that I don't have good luck with hydraulics/rams etc not leaking. Screws are just electric motor and belts.
                  Customer Cars
                  GAS FAB XM Coupe - PerformanceForums
                  GAS FAB Mk1 Escort - PerformanceForums
                  GAS FAB - 1985 Porsche 911 3.2ltr Carrera Cabriolet - PerformanceForums

                  GAS FAB Cars
                  GAS 260Z RB26DET
                  GAS 1600 3SGE BEAMS

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
                    Just putting up a new shed in the interim before I build my new crib. Need 1 or 2 2 post hoists. Have looked at HAPP the new molnars and launch. Have various ppl I know with launch and molnar, all with no issues. If there anything I am missing? Price no big issue but like usual cheaper is ok if it a good product. This is not in a commercial setting, just in my personal workshop.
                    LINCOLN on here works for HAPP.

                    Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
                    Checkout stertil-koni Earth lift range look awesome.
                    have you seen the pricing? i was fortunate I was sitting down

                    I remember researching the stuff Jay Leno has, it was over $100k

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Madhatr View Post

                      What luck is there to have though? Theres very little to go wrong and you arent under an unsupported load courtesy of the safety blocks if you feel its a safety thing. Everything is sealed, so if you have the system serviced every few years to make sure the fluid stays clean, it'll run for ages.
                      I've seen two cars wedged sideway in cable/hydraulic hoists (after failures of rams) in my life at different workshops. I'm not a professional mechanic, and sure they forgot a safety latch, and they probably never maintained their hoists, but it's a risk that you don't have with the screw type (assuming you keep an eye on the two nuts)
                      Last edited by Stix Zadinia; 29-03-21, 02:42 PM.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post

                        LINCOLN on here works for HAPP.

                        I think he is no longer affiliated with that company.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          +1 for screws, I liked Tecalemit, but I looked on their website recently and it looks like they only do hydraulic shit now. Can position things just where you like it, and not have to deal with having to lower it onto the locks after. And then you don't have the occasional case where it gets stuck on a lock as it's going down and scares the shit out of you.
                          Originally posted by ALLMTR
                          Yes but more power is the solution, even if lack of power isn't the problem...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post
                            have you seen the pricing? i was fortunate I was sitting down

                            I remember researching the stuff Jay Leno has, it was over $100k


                            Nope, everywhere i saw was POA, didn't bother with the A part.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post

                              I've seen two cars wedged sideway in cable/hydraulic hoists (after failures of rams) in my life at different workshops. I'm not a professional mechanic, and sure they forgot a safety latch, and they probably never maintained their hoists, but it's a risk that you don't have with the screw type (assuming you keep an eye on the two nuts)
                              Rams don't support the load. Locks do.

                              So, what you are saying is they treated the equipment like shit, disengaged all the safety devices, and were surprised it failed?

                              And, yeah, you do. They still have lift nuts and safety nuts that need to be maintained/replaced. Along with gearboxes, belts, shafts, keys, all sort of stuff under there. You can have every single hydraulic hoist fail and it is no less safe than any other type due to the built in safety locks. They are easier to service and maintain than screw type and you can have portable and clear floor types you can't have with screws. Safety between the types is a complete non issue.
                              Last edited by Madhatr; 06-04-21, 08:47 PM.
                              Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                              This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X