Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scavenge pumps - what's the hotness?

Looking for a scavenge pump to try and increase the reliability of my S476 as the oil drain is not in the greatest location ever.
    I've had a look at a couple of eBay/VPW cheapies ($350ish) and a VDO unit that I can get at trade for around $200.

I've been recommended a Turbowerx unit for almost $800. That just seems ridiculous to me, but it's my first time playing with this sort of shit.

What is the go for this kind of thing?

Weren't Al and dale using the factory subaru ones from low mount turbo setup? Or a bosch feul pump? I could be mistaken.

Comment

http://turbowerx.com/Scavenge_Pumps/...odel_Pump.html

Everyone says turbowerx are the way to go, from memory the 'spartan' (the one I linked) is supposed to be the smaller, quieter one. Don't know how US $250 turns into the $800 you've been quoted.

Comment

Tilton Buna oil pump will do the job . Can get one through an Earls dealer

Comment

The turbo bike guys I know use the vdo unit from memory, they might be shifting less oil though, but tend to be doing it from below the sump level.
          "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

I think Al uses the VDO ones as well, the one in the volvo looked a bit like an 044.
            Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
            I <3 Hamster

Comment

We are replacing the VDO with Turbowerx, VDO are junk.
              David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
              You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Are you still using the turbowerx pumps?
                I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Working...
                X