X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richzx
    replied
    Falling over may have been from the .82 housing rather than the cam?

Leave a comment:

• CJW
    replied
    Originally posted by motoxray View Post
    I'm interested in the specs of the Camtech if you wouldn't mind sharing them??
    Yeah mate it's just one of their off the shelf grinds; 517-114 http://www.camtechcams.com.au/hold_6cyl_vl_hyd.html

I had the NA cam in there before, never had a turbo cam in it and it used to fall over pretty hard up top. This cam gives away a touch down low but just revs out clean to the limiter which I run at 7K, mid range is super strong. Touch lumpy at idle but you can still easily cruise around at 1500rpm.

Leave a comment:

• motoxray
    replied
    Originally posted by CJW View Post
    I run a gen1 GTX3076r with a 0.82 rear on a NA RB30, Camtech cam.
    I'm interested in the specs of the Camtech if you wouldn't mind sharing them??

Leave a comment:

• CJW
    replied
    I run a gen1 GTX3076r with a 0.82 rear on a NA RB30, Camtech cam, ARP head studs. Car is a manual and used mostly for track/drift which is why I didn't go with a 35 series turbo. Honestly it's mint, I haven't had it on a dyno but butt dyno says low 200's rwkw on 16psi. Lag is literally less than stock; car used to run a maxed out stock t3 on the factory manifold and made 180rwkw. I reckon if you want the ultimate street driveable combo and aren't chasing huge HP it's the perfect turbo, the area under the curve is massive and you're gone before someone on a gt35 is even making boost.

Car needs a clutch upgrade then I plan to wind it up, and see what it will make.

Leave a comment:

• richzx
    replied
    Just chinese (Powermax) if it's good enough for Turbo Yoda it's good enough for me. Billet wheel turbo with everything included will probably blow the motor/gearbox/diff up before the turbo so not real concerned about it. Not looking to rotate the earth with this either just a bit of fun so should get the 250-300rwkw I want, which will quick in a VL.

Leave a comment:

• rolin7
    replied
    Originally posted by richzx View Post
    Ordered a 3076 with a billet wheel and 1.06 housing so we'll see how it goes.
    What brand did you go with?

Leave a comment:

• tim510
    replied
    3076 in on a higher-comp 3.0L will be epic. nice choice.

Leave a comment:

• richzx
    replied
    Ordered a 3076 with a billet wheel and 1.06 housing so we'll see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• bugle
    replied
    Kinugawa do a 0.63 and 0.82 housing with internal gate. I got a 0.63 but it's for a 2.6L

Leave a comment:

• Dogsballs
    replied
    Why not?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• rolin7
    replied
    Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
    Link seem to be a very popular plug and play ecu, reasonably cheap as well

See a lot of guys using the barra turbos, internal gate and all with good success. Cheap to upgrade to 61mm billet front wheel or change to external gate. Still fit low mount with spacer
    I like the link ecu idea, need a airflow meter upgrade though as these ones are so old and unreliable.

Can you put a smaller rear housing on a barra turbo?

Leave a comment:

• richzx
    replied
    I;m now thinking billet wheel 3076 with 1.02 rear housing, this should get the power goal but at what boost?

Leave a comment:

• Dogsballs
    replied
    I hear ya. You could choke it down with small exhaust. Bit tricky on stock convertor, not sure how the lockup clutch will like that hp
    Gt35 will do it easy, might be laggy. Could go a china something smaller

Call proboost or raceequipped and chat with them

Leave a comment:

• richzx
    replied
    Concerned about the big rear housing though 1.06 on a 3ltr too big? Car doesn't have a converter so possible lag monster. I do have a 1.06 gt35 off an xr6 but it has a .7 front cover for even more lag. Would like 280-300rwkw, would a billet wheel 3076 do this? Have a Microleb and X6 ign box with 800cc injectors and cast manifold with external gate to do it with.

Leave a comment:

• Dogsballs
    replied
    Link seem to be a very popular plug and play ecu, reasonably cheap as well

See a lot of guys using the barra turbos, internal gate and all with good success. Cheap to upgrade to 61mm billet front wheel or change to external gate. Still fit low mount with spacer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X