Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Rear mount turbo

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont want to sound like too much of a holset fanboi, but a hx50-55 would do that power, are a proven thing in rear mount configuration and are cheap to buy.
    Originally posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Originally posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

S472
      Originally posted by 50RTD
      Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Originally posted by RNS-11Z View Post
        Soo this is looking like becoming more of a reality sooner then later.

Looking at turbo options now. The engine is a standard stroke L77, rods and pistons, stock compression. Heads cleaned up by Higgins otherwise, has all other supporting mods. Will be converted to E85 during the process.

Whatís a turbo people would recommend, looking for 700rwhp? Iím looking at borg Warner turboís due to price and budget limitations.

H
        What sort of car?
        David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
        You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

This is my mateís long term build. L77 too. Been on the dyno a few times and just trying some things to reduce lag currently. Be worth talking to him if youíre going ahead with a build

https://imgur.com/a/tvpwJGt

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
            What sort of car?
            Mazda rx8

Comment

what happens if that commodore drives through a puddle? that makes me nervous haha
              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
              Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
                what happens if that commodore drives through a puddle? that makes me nervous haha
                Water injection is underrated

Comment

This is also relevant to my interests, thinking of putting a T04z rear-mid-mount on a 1UZ in a tray back ute for 400hp-ish

What's the go with the VDO oil return pumps? They are rated at 160lph which is way more than your going to feed one through a 1/8 oil feed line to a ball bearing turbo, I'm guessing they are not a positive displacement pump.

Then there are these guys in the US
                  https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/oilsystems.htm

They sound like they know what they are doing pump wise

Comment

Iíve found a borg Warner sx488, 1.32 rear. Too big? Brand new for $1000

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
                      This is my mateís long term build. L77 too. Been on the dyno a few times and just trying some things to reduce lag currently.
                      Perhaps mount the turbos and intercooler in the engine bay?? Just a thought. ;)

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                      2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Originally posted by rowdytoot View Post
                        Perhaps mount the turbos and intercooler in the engine bay?? Just a thought. ;)
                        I suggested that! We have a few areas to try before we do anything silly. It's kind of hard because it's not a setup that's just gone from front to rear mounted. It could have been laggy with them front mounted too due to cam, comp, turbo sizing, etc. The inlet is billet and looks awesome but it does have a bit too much volume leading to the throttle body for my liking.

It was designed to be different and make people talk. Some people get aggressive and really hate it which is funny (like an LS in an FD I recently found out) but most decent people appreciate the quality of the work and that it is something a bit different. Makes decent power too.

Comment

i have nothing to add but wow that VL
                          www.holditflat.com

Comment

Originally posted by RNS-11Z View Post
                            Iíve found a borg Warner sx488, 1.32 rear. Too big? Brand new for $1000
                            where at? Im looking to make my 475 bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
                              Looks like it doesn't get driven in the rain, let alone a puddle. Mint.

Comment

Originally posted by Do the safety dance. View Post
                                Looks like it doesn't get driven
                                Fixed...
                                Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                X