Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13B turbo choice

Supercheap have their 20% garrett turbos. So I am looking at the range to see if there is any I could use on my RX7.

Its an S4 Bridgeported motor. It has a PS1000 ECU, fuel system to be decided etc.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/br...&sz=60&start=0

It has been many years since I looked at turbos and tech has come a long way. Is there anything that is good to use from the Supercheap range?

For a 13b bridge if you can afford BW Efr 8374 for best response, 9180 for top end. Alternately if low cost is prefered plain bearing sxe362 to sxe369 (there is a step in turbine and compressor size but both will let a bridge breathe well enough).

If you want middle ground of cost/tech/roller bearing, in garrett range you want gt38 or larger turbine. Most non drag stuff will be gt38 (same size as the old t04 P trim), gt40 or up to gt42 depending on your preference for response or top end. Plenty of dyno graphs and feedback if you search t04z/gt40/42 on ausrotary or just have a quick look in the single turbo section of rx7club.
    Edited: for whatever reason garrett changed the 37 turbine to 38, the gtw3884 is basically the new t04z

If you want more factory like response BW7670 or gtx35 but that makes the bridge a little bit of a wank/waste.

The BW EFR internally gated housings are generally the only internal gates that will hold sensible boost on rotaries without intentionally restrictive exhausts. If manifold is still to be decided full split pulse and divided turbine housing is best for boost threshold.

Comment

Awesome asking for turbo suggestion but no hints of target power. You could put a gt30 or a gt45 on it, and both suggestions could be spot on.

Projects:
      '90 2jz-gte 929
      '02 twin-locked TD42 GU Patrol

Comment

EFR9174 looks like a good turbo for a 13B to me. The 9180's turbines apparently fail when overspun.

Comment

GTW3884R 64mm with 1.32 housing.
          David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
          You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Pftt , gt47 with 10s spool , brah #sick_re

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by 50RTD
            Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Originally posted by nine2nine View Post
              Awesome asking for turbo suggestion but no hints of target power. You could put a gt30 or a gt45 on it, and both suggestions could be spot on.
              4-450kw at the rears on E85.

Comment

You will be at the limit of the gt3884 at that power, will probably want the 67mm inducer (more lag). I'd be looking at a gt42, sxe369 or efr9174/80 if you think you will want to push any higher.

Comment

450kw is asking a bit, rotors aint that good.
                  David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                  You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
                    450kw is asking a bit, rotors aint that good.
                    I wouldnt be crying if it landed at 380 or 390. I really dont know what to realistically expect from it.

Thanks Slides. Gives me something to look at.

Comment

There are a fair few rotaries without dowels, usually with 10mm studs or bolts pushing 28-40psi on water injection or flex making those kinds of numbers or more but they need a lot of air, fuel and exhaust to do it.

Look up the green bros shop drag car, made ~800rwhp with a really basic water injection setup and copped a lot of abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Slides View Post
                        There are a fair few rotaries without dowels, usually with 10mm studs or bolts pushing 28-40psi on water injection or flex making those kinds of numbers or more but they need a lot of air, fuel and exhaust to do it.

Look up the green bros shop drag car, made ~800rwhp with a really basic water injection setup and copped a lot of abuse.

Which is my next thing. I am 99% sure this is a fresh build. I think it was done by a slightly larger known workshop. I asked them for details on what they did to the motor and they were total shitcunts. Unfortuatly they came back saying, we cant give you any information about it due to privacy reasons. For their help I would have taken the car back for tuning. Off to another workshop!

Without pulling the entire engine down, can I check if it has dowels?

Comment

t04z... I made 470rwhp on 16psi back in 2004 with one of them... 1.32 rear housing and away you go
                          im a cunt
                          and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
                            t04z... I made 470rwhp on 16psi back in 2004 with one of them... 1.32 rear housing and away you go
                            T04Z was a good thing but there must be better options nowadays? GTW3884R seems to be the new T04Z and are fairly cheap? I reckon a GTX3884RS or EFR9174/9180 will see you hitting 450+rwkw on E85

Comment

I haven't seen anything better for a street car yet
                              im a cunt
                              and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Working...
                              X