Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexinPerth View Post

There must be a trick that the OEMs use to assemble these things, as they seem unreliable once undone from factory.
    They do that with engine internals too LOL
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Pretty sure it's just deformed nuts. They wear out with each use, stick fresh ones on and torque to spec, job done.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
      Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

Using the Nissan lock plates
        this is my favourite way to make sure they stay done up personally
        Originally posted by Mr Jones
        Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

Comment

There must be a trick that the OEMs use to assemble these things, as they seem unreliable once undone from factory.
          Its a modified car thing, I do shitloads of turbos and use regular looking nuts and washers and they dont come loose, leak or fall off. Nip em again after a heat cycle and send the cunt.
          If your really paranoid buy copper plated exhaust nuts, you dont need inconel nuts/studs and fucking nord locks

Comment

Everyone on Miataturbo.net swears by the incolnel studs and Stage 8 fasteners. I'll be going down that path when I upgrade from the factory turbo gear, as I've already had issues with nuts coming loose when pushing my car on track. Do it once and do it properly.

http://www.trackspeedengineering.com...-Stud-Kit.html
            2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
            2004 MX5 SE Turbo
            2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

Comment

Originally posted by TCR View Post
              Everyone on Miataturbo.net swears by the incolnel studs and Stage 8 fasteners. I'll be going down that path when I upgrade from the factory turbo gear, as I've already had issues with nuts coming loose when pushing my car on track. Do it once and do it properly.

Yeah, thats what im thinking. Also vaguely considering just splashing out for a Kraken manifold that comes with the inconel studs and stage 8 fasteners, especially if they turn out to be required anyway it brings the total cost of the manifold down.
              Chris
              ------
              The new nugget
              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by TCR View Post
                Looks like they will be fun to remove after being in place for a few years.
                I can see the tops shearing right off them.

Comment

Working...
                X