Turbosmart Electronic wastegates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, I just read (skimmed, because i'm not that smart) the same thing! Very in depth..

Comment

Great dissertation!
      Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
        turbosmarts job was to make the product... making it run is everyone else problem..
        The whole idea is half baked, why on earth they didn't develop a driver and boost controller to go with it I have no idea.
        Launching a new product that the vast majority of your customer base cant use is mind boggling dumb. They are fucked if nobody comes up with a way to drive and interface it.

Comment

you can drive it but you cannot do it directly... so you have to use 3rd party products to do it..

even after weeks of thinking about this I cannot see a point where I would need to use something like this.. even on the commodore where we go from 9-10psi at launch to 60psi in 2sec where I would be worried the valve would not open quick enough to control the spike...
          im a cunt
          and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

So where exactly are you lot getting this information from?

Is there are tech pub that Turbosmart released on this that I haven't read?

Comment

know people that know people... pricing was released at $1500 for the 60mm version
              im a cunt

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
                you can drive it but you cannot do it directly... so you have to use 3rd party products to do it..

even after weeks of thinking about this I cannot see a point where I would need to use something like this.. even on the commodore where we go from 9-10psi at launch to 60psi in 2sec where I would be worried the valve would not open quick enough to control the spike...
                Another way to control traction or torque management? I'd guess this is more for the circuit where you would want such advances. It is a interesting product, certainly a hit at SEMA and got people talking.

Comment

you cannot use boost to control traction on a drag or a circuit car after it has started to spin the tyres, its way too slow, you can only retard timing and/or drop random cylinders,
                  im a cunt

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
                    an interesting thesis done on the subject.

https://liu.diva-portal.org/smash/ge...FULLTEXT01.pdf

a lot of it is model based, but gives you some excellent functions to understand a turbocharger. interesting conclusions are made from page 96 (section 6.7)
                    Interesting that they found that Cascade setup using a speed sensor made a difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X