Turbosmart Electronic wastegates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot understand how adding up currents in different wires of the same circuit is useful....

no component of the ECU output circuitry sees more than 18A. quoting 36/40A operating current is obtuse and unhelpful.
    Last edited by burn is weird; 14-01-20, 12:08 PM.

Oo___oO

Comment

cool cant wait to see how your testing goes...
      im a cunt
      and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
        actually im done posting tech info on this forum, work it all out for your selfs..
        But in the Haltech thread you already left?

I suggest you find new friends at Turbosmart too.

Comment

have a current clamp, oscilliscope and a Flir thermal camera so will update with data once I get my hands on one.

Oo___oO

Comment

Originally posted by sssgtr View Post

But in the Haltech thread you already left?

I suggest you find new friends at Turbosmart too.
            havent posted anything tech in there for ages, dont worry there wont be any more nexus tech from me, only thing you will see if cars going faster...

i had a good chat with my friends at turbosmart last week, they were thankful for the feedback given on somethings that are posted here and things that are not but may be issues on some cars, if you think i have not brought the current draw up with them then you are mistaken,
            im a cunt
            and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
              have a current clamp, oscilliscope and a Flir thermal camera so will update with data once I get my hands on one.
              Make sure you point that FLIR camera at the MOSFET/BJT drivers of whatever ECU you test with.
              If they go into high-temp protection mode, it'll be interesting to see what effect it has on the gate control.

Comment

I cannot understand how adding up currents in different wires of the same circuit is useful....

no component of the ECU output circuitry sees more than 18A. quoting 36/40A operating current is obtuse and unhelpful.
                I would guess this is what happens when you use a DC motor and use a h bridge circuit to drive it rather than using a reasonable linear actuator setup. How it needs 40A total to lock the motor up I don't know as that sounds excessive and I would guess could have been reduced significantly by better design I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by The Pupat View Post

I would guess this is what happens when you use a DC motor and use a h bridge circuit to drive it rather than using a reasonable linear actuator setup. How it needs 40A total to lock the motor up I don't know as that sounds excessive and I would guess could have been reduced significantly by better design I'd say.
                  Well if the GM of Turbosmart USA is to be believed, he says there is no back drive, so while the valve is sitting still, it's not using any current.

Comment

Originally posted by The Pupat View Post

it'll just be a worm drive off a DC motor. ratio will be sufficient that the worm gear friction will exceed the passive motor breaking/stiction torque or the coefficient of friction between the gear and the worm is larger than the tangent of the worm’s lead angle (self locking worm drive)

only difference here is a linear actuator is usually stepper driven for precision, instead of DC motor+position feedback.
                    Last edited by burn is weird; 16-01-20, 04:53 PM.

Oo___oO

Comment

it'll just be a worm drive off a DC motor. ratio will be sufficient that the worm gear friction will exceed the passive motor breaking/stiction torque or the coefficient of friction between the gear and the worm is larger than the tangent of the worm’s lead angle (self locking worm drive)

only difference here is a linear actuator is usually stepper driven for precision, instead of DC motor+position feedback.
                      That's what I would have thought would be smart way to design it that wouldn't require high currents for positional control but was the only reason I could think why you would need to draw twice the current rather than swapping the output channel your drawing power from.

Comment

Working...
                      X