Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proboost TO4Z upgrade

Hi Gents, Not sure i want to venture down this rabbit hole but anyway i need to ask the question for recommendations on turbos,
    Im looking at going in for more power out of my turbo 355 holden V8 current specs are CP forged pistons, Hbeam rods, cometic head gaskets, ARP studs throughout, grout filled block Haltech Elite 2000 ECU running 8 X LS2 coils, flexfuel sensor, 4 port boost controller, setup up by SE QLD wiring guru(Tim510 and tuned @ PITS)
    Current turbo is a purchased second hand Proboost TO4Z with a 1.32 rear housing, 44mm Tial gate with a 4' dump into a 3.5" system,
    So i would like to go for retune and maybe look at up to 15LB, currently max @ 9LB had planned on using E85,
    Would the TO4Z have capacity for 600-650 ATWs? currently makes 410 @ 5500.
    Should i just go with what ive got and spend 1 - 1.5k chasing more power with this turbo and gate or bite the bullet and upgrade now,
    Is there something similar in frame size but with better technology?

That compressor should be good for 600hp but that motor would probably prefer the turbine size of a proboost sxe 369 or 372 knock off.

Comment

After having a chat with a couple of differant shops, it definitely looks like the Borg Warner SXE372 has the potential im after with the 1.0 rear or maybe the s475 if i can get a T4.
      the 372 will make changeover from TO4Z alot easier, both around same price and surprisingly cheap.

Comment

Working...
      X