Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running 4 port MAC valve 'backwards'

Bit of a random one. But i bought a 4 way mac valve for the MX5 and intended to use it with AN fittings. However, one of the ports is tapped on a slight angle, which means that the A and B ports have a clash when trying to do up the AN fittings:

Same AN fittings work on the other side with some clearance

However, this would mean the 'flow' is backwards compared to intended. What i am wondering is if the passages in a MAC valve are bidirectional or are they unidirectional? The diagram suggests some form of directionality, but is that just in the diagram or is it in the valving? Can i set it up plumbed the other way around, with A and B functioning as EX and IN respectively, and vice versa?

That would make it easier for plumbing in the engine bay as well.
    Last edited by takai; 23-06-20, 10:23 AM.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

To fix your original issue - send the part back to supplier and get a mac valve with correctly angled threads sent out. Cant help with the port assignment as i dont have one in front of me to test.

Comment

If you connect it "backwards" you might lift the valve from the seat depending on the pressure. I have seen that happen with OEM type 3 port solenoids when trying to use them backwards.

Comment

What Marshy said would be best. Or you could put a 90 degree fitting in one of the ports to gain some clearance.
        Originally posted by Marlin
        Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Would be fine, a 4/2 valve never has a blocked port like an odd numbered valve does 3/1, 5/2. These types don't work backwards as there must be a balanced port for the blocked pressure to not push it open (or solenoid force when in active position exceeds this pressure). A 4/2 always has both paths open so no dP is present over a blocked port.
          Last edited by burn is weird; 24-06-20, 06:33 PM.

Oo___oO

Comment

Working...
          X