Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used an FG Falcon GT3576R on a 2JZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used an FG Falcon GT3576R on a 2JZ?

I got my hands on one of these for cheap, wondering how it'd go on a 2JZ. I'd like to use it with the internal gate pushing no more than 20psi.

Cheers all.

not sure on the 2jz part but a few saab guys have used them on the 2.3 turbo engines and made over 550bhp with supporting mods.
    I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
    WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
    robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Port the wastegate, and it would be a great thing.

Comment

If you have a map that is close enough to start with and don't want to run "low boost" and are targeting higher boost than Ford did on a lower capacity engine surely porting the waste gate is redundant?

Should be punchy, will likely run out of legs a bit before natural power peak on the 2J at 20psi, but drive very well on the street.

Assuming reasonable intake, intercooler and exhaust 9rwhp per lb airflow is a safe bet if you have fuel supply to support it which should land low 500s on that compressor no worries.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Was hoping to find a cheap cast T3 manifold. But there doesn't seem to be anything available. Might have to fabricate a log manifold.

Comment

Is the 1.06 rear housing likely to be problem?

Comment

GT35 without internal wastegate was one of the gun turbos to use on a 2JZ back in the day, with 0.82 for response and 1.06 for top end choof
              www.holditflat.com

Comment

This is a GT3582 1.06 with 264 cams, so will have a little less top end and slightly better spool. Ignore the boost measurement, it does not come on that late.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0630s.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	7239555
                this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

Same question but on a 1JZ, would 300 RWKW be doable?

Comment

300 rwkw give or take 10 kw is all the 3576 will do on pump fuel, a little more on E85

Comment

Yeah that is pretty well choke flow on the inducer of the smaller compressor, make you have as close to ambient temp and pressure to it so you don't short change yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by CussCuss View Post
                        This is a GT3582 1.06 with 264 cams, so will have a little less top end and slightly better spool. Ignore the boost measurement, it does not come on that late.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0630s.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	7239555
                        Thanks for the reply mate, What were you using for management and fuel? I'm hoping to stick with my Mines VX-Rom and stock 440's if I keep boost around 18-20psi. It's more than adequate at that boost level with my current high flowed CT20's. I am concerned that the Mines tune wont get the single onto boost responsively.

Comment

If you drive it regularly the savings in fuel over 12 months will pay for a plug in Haltech/Link or whatever and allow use of whatever load source you choose depending if yours is MAP or MAF now. Would also allow flex tune if you wanted.
                          Last edited by Slides; 28-03-21, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Haltech PS2000, definitely worth it if you can.

At the very least you should put it on the dyno to check how the AFRs are doing and make sure its safe.
                            this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

I have a GTX3576 on my 2JZ VVTi. 0,82 Tial rear, external 45mm gate. 4" from turbo to diff, then 3". V161, stock engine otherwise. Bosch 1000cc INJ,
                              Haltech Elite 2500 and DBW

Makes 23psi by 3400rpm - 340rwkw on 98
                              Just over 400 on E85

Probably a little too responsive - I'd go the 1,04 rear housing. Top end pulls hard to 7000rpm

I have to have a boost vs TPS correction table, as I could hit 23psi at 20% throttle coming out of maccas with a mcflurry, which would melt the 275s and leave a mcflurry in my underpants.
                              '84 Supra
                              '86 Supra
                              '99 Supra
                              '19 Supra

Comment

Working...
                              X