1uzfe sump positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1uzfe sump positions

im looking at putting a 1uzfe (lexus v8) into my mk4 1995 supra.

does anyone know if its possible to change an early 1uzfe with a middle sump to a rear sump so i can get it in over my cross member.

most people use the sc400 engine. i have access to a crown engine which is stronger, cheaper and the better ecu.
    its down fall is mid sump design and mounting style. im not 100% sure the mounts will work but the rear sump is a must.

if anyone got any ideas out there, would be much appreciated.

im almost 100% sure they will bolt straight on with matching oil pick up.

I think the crown has the dipstick through the head though so check that aswell.

Comment

yes the dipstick hole runs through the head and block where the others run down the side.

i could run an external dipstick i believe. but then just need to block the hole for the original one.

just need a 100%, yes its been done and example before i go buy this engine. other wise will have to go get a soarer v8...

what about the mounts? i know custom stuff can be made but for legal reasons and simplicity would be great if i could use the factory mounts to the mk4 supra/sc400 cross member

Comment

Have a look at this website,it will have what you need.

http://www.lextreme.com/

Comment

yeah ive been on there hunting around asked a few knowledgable people

lots of info and some not 100% accurate. cheers

Comment

Where are you getting that the Crown 1UZ is stronger than the Soarer, they are internally the same

And by better ECU i assume youre referring to the separate ECU for the auto?
            Originally posted by Jim
            I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
            What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

1uz has really thick con rods. just a pedantic thing really.

and yeah the "better" ecu because no matter what engine variant i get i am going to need the crown ecu to run the engine (only for legalities) as all other ecu's have engine and trans cpu in one

its looking that im going to have to bit the bullet and buy the soarer engine anyway.

Comment

What's the matter with having an integrated trans/engine control unit? You can just ignore all the wires for the transmission and the engine will still work perfectly.

Definitely get an SC400/Soarer engine if you can, it has the correct sump and engine mounts and just makes life easier. As above internals are exactly the same so there is no strength issue.
                Norbie!

Comment

and some dimensions for the "rear" sump:

have fun

Simon

PS I changed from front to "rear", just get the sump pickup and dipstick.
                  Originally posted by RotaUte
                  I take it you're a PF member by the gay sarcastic comment that I'm sure you thought
                  was funny after 2 beers, but it was lamer than possibly recordable.

Comment

If your running manual trans or old school auto the crown ecu is the better one to get you wont get limp home mode probs etc because theres no auto attached.

Just watch the 1uz's with cast fuel rails(95 onwards i think)they have weaker rods and slightly higher comp ratio.

Comment

Yep, all pre-'95 1UZ's have the beefier internals, doesnt matter whether its from a Soarer, Crown, Celsior...

Its really only an issue if youre going to forced induction, if youre staying n/a i would be going for as late a year engine as possible as they got progressively better performance out of them with CR increases and VVTi
                      Originally posted by Jim
                      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

cheers for the pics and time xefalconute,

i will be running a w55 manual trans (stock in my supra)
                        looks like i'll just get the soarer engine. too much screwing around to get it, i guess forged rods are always an option down the track.

plan is to be NA for a while then when got the cash and sussed everything out turbo it.
                        cheers for ya help guys.

Norbie has this "bypass" u mention been done before and simple enough?

Comment

There is no "bypass" as such, you just snip off the wires for the auto and pretend they were never there. The engine part of the ECU doesn't know or care if the transmission is missing. Obviously you'll have to bridge the neutral start switch though, as with any auto to manual conversion.

Your existing transmission (actually a W58) will be OK with a stock-ish 1UZ, but will very quickly pop if forced induction is added to the equation. You'll want something much stronger for that, and lucky for you the Supra 6-speed is tough as nails and will bolt right into your car. There are adapter kits available for the 1UZ.
                          Norbie!

Comment

Does the OEM ECU on the 1UZ behave in the same way as the Auto 2JZ ECU when the neutral switch is bridged?

On a number of Aristo motors with manual conversions it was noted that if the ECU thinks the car is in neutral then it imposes a rev limit of about 5000rpm.

May be something to look into.

Comment

That's news to me - my Supra had an Aristo ECU until recently, and regularly saw 7000rpm with a manual.
                              Norbie!

Comment

Working...
                              X