Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota 1GZFE V12 thread.

Yes I know there is one on Toymods but I don't care.

We got our two engines yesterday so I started ripping bits off mine and measuring it up.

Some pics.

Pealing back the layers of inlet manifolding revealed severe gheyness.

That's one way to detune it. I need to send a pair of these to Norbie so he can chop out the filled in bit and unleash horsepowers.

With all but the bottom manifold off.

This is a very compact engine, it's significantly narrower than a 1UZ.
    Rough dimensions are 800mm from bellhousing to water neck(750mm to the front pulley), 700mm from sump to manifold top, 600mm from head to head.

Will add more as I pull shit off it. Plan is to wire the E1280S to it and get it running in a frame on the ground.

Tossing up between fitting it to an IS200 or R32 GTR.
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

*subscribes*

Comment

Would it be much fucking around to ditch the standard inlet manifold gayness altogether? Seems like fuckloads of shit that doesn't need to be there, not to mention keeping it even more compact....

Comment

Originally posted by Billzilla View Post
        *subscribes*
        Yes!
        Originally posted by TK
        may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post

This is a very compact engine, it's significantly narrower than a 1UZ.
          Rough dimensions are 800mm from bellhousing to water neck(750mm to the front pulley), 700mm from sump to manifold top, 600mm from head to head.
          60 deg V helps, making it approx 100mm narrower (UZ is basically a 700mm cube ).

They don't have the toughest rods so stay a bit conservative if you decide to boost it
          GT8
          1UZ Celica
          1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

awesome. what tranny is this going to be backed by?

Comment

1 vote: IS200/300.

I used to work at Lexus and I saw an IS300 with a turbo 2JZ + 450hp, fell in love with those cars, they make a great platform for an engine swap!
              '02 Nissan X-Trail GT-L. Disco Potato .86 rear @ 0.7bar(10psi), EMS stinger, LC-1 wideband, FMIC, 440s, 3" zorst, gauges n shit... bout 280hp @ all four - some of my own tuning. No Powerchip. Coming soon: Tial MV-S sexternal gate, FPR and 0.9 bar, coilovers and slammage.

Comment

mark IV supra with twin GT42Rs
                Pest Control - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and South West QLD PF discounts apply.

Comment

or KE20 corolla
                  Pest Control - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and South West QLD PF discounts apply.

Comment

Is there any rational way to explain the manifolds?

I mean torque is preferred over power in these luxobarges but surely a reasonably close sized runner would be much the same in an injected engine?

Comment

hmmm same bore and stroke as a 1jz

http://www.lextreme.com/V12.html
                      List of cars goes here

Comment

The manifold is fairly easy to change, same way top secret did it but I will probably use a pair of DBW throttles instead of cable throttles.

I notice the rods appear fairly small but having double the amount of them to share the load should help.

I haven't decided on anything regarding transmissions or anything as I don't know what it'll go in yet.
                        Sensible says IS200 with some pipes and no turbos. Stupid says R32 GTR with twin 35's and T400.
                        David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                        You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

My vote is IS200!! Interested to see how this thread goes.

Comment

some good info here

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9809
                            List of cars goes here

Comment

what's the ret... uhh capacity of these motors?

Comment

Working...
                              X