Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make my forklift engine better

In my eagerness to buy my first car I made a mistake. I bought a 80 series with a 3F engine aka the engine Toyota uses in Forklifts. Really should of saved that little more on a 1fz.
    Its a Pushrod, Carby 4.0L straight 6 Cast Iron Boat Anchor.
    Even though its a big petrol it still manages to be slower than small capacity turbo diesels.
    There's electronic ignition of some description in mine and a holley which will be replaced for a rebuilt stock carb.
    What simple things can be done on a N/A petrol for more power.
    Not looking for huge power increases, I just want to stay at 110km/h up hills.

Ls1.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

bigger carby/zaust?
      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Holley onto the 3f will be an abortion offroad, expect it to flood/starve up/down hill.

By far an away the most sensible and economically-sound decision will be to sell the FJ80 and buy an FZJ80 (or, in a perfect world, a HDJ80).

This thread is an interesting read, (and yes, a 2F not a 3F) but not good advice. http://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series...o-my-fj40.html

Seriously, sell it and buy the right truck.
        Don't worry, thats just the self-preservation instinct, in my experience you can safely ignore it.

Comment

1uz.

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Gammaboy
          PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

Comment

1hz conversion

Comment

I'll sell you my 1HZ 80 series for 10k... save yourself a whole lot of heartache

Comment

sell it. Cut your losses and get something sorted and enjoy it.
                I don't care a damn for your loyalty when you think I am right; when I really want it most is when you think I am wrong.
                Sir John Monash

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                  this.

i swear there was a very similar thread here like a month or so ago. buggered if i can find it though.

if your stuck with it, get the 3FE EFI gear. it will make it much more drivable, better economy, better starting etc. put a towing cam and extractors on it. should wake it up a little bit, but not to 1FZ standards.

hot gemini - holleys can be quite ok off road. you have to know how to set them up right though (i dont.. lol)
                  Originally posted by Rdyno
                  70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                  Originally posted by Tripper
                  Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Originally posted by Don Mega View Post
                    Ls1.
                    This but ls2/l98 for more cubes to carry 3 tonne
                    Originally posted by Faux Forg
                    I agree with Rdyno

Comment

Comment

Short of getting rid of it, best move, or engine transplant, you're limited in what you can do. Some Holley carbs can work on these, not sure of the legality of them re emission shit, although I'm mainly aware of the Weber carby conversions on them in the day. Extractors and exhaust are no brainers, should already have electronic ignition iirc. Low boost turbo and straight LPG has been used on these without to much drama, but would probably be cheaper to drop a V8 in.

Comment

If that's what's in my Toyota forklift at work... wow.
                          2005 VZ SS 5.7L M6 Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                            That would be my suggestion as well.
                            You should consider trading it in for a suitable model.

Comment

I think six years down the track the issue should be sorted......

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X