Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavy duty T56 clutch for L98 - hotness?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers for all the input fellas. Will see how the twin organic mantic goes, if it shits itself, I'll rage quit and move on to one of the (many) other suggestions in here.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinschops View Post
      Cheers for all the input fellas. Will see how the twin organic mantic goes, if it shits itself, I'll rage quit and move on to one of the (many) other suggestions in here.
      Valuable PF lesson kids - If Dale says something, anything, whether it's lycra life, pleasing your wife and certainly anything about going fast, listen well.

Less than two years, only about 5k on it, broken in and rarely thrashed and it appears to be shitting itself... slipping pretty bad in 2nd and 3rd with anything barely more than open throttle.

Dropping it in next week to assess which'll be at least a couple of hundred dollarydoos just to find out and will be in touch with sellers if it's buggered.

Don't like chances but not happy at this point.

Comment

Nicht gut. Have got in touch with Seller, will PM rorge if I don't hear back today or tomorrow to try come to a resolution.

Want to try and get sorted asap, sick of not being able to drive this thing and have a lot of that planned starting this weekend, not now obviously, before it gets put into storage for a bit.

I'll forgo any further commentary for now depending on how it all pans out.

Comment

Rorge no longer works for Mantic. HTH..

Comment

Ah. Super. Thanks.

I'll have to pursue through other avenue then.

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
              i have tried everything there is to try, got sick of removing mantic's after they last 3000km and then shit them self, my go to is a textralia double x grip..
              What do the ones you throw in the bin look like Dale? Like they've copped a lot of abuse? Did they tend to fail even with dudes that weren't at the strip regularly? Have you spoken to the cunts? I ask because see below..

And re. the textralia, just how clunky/grabby etc are they?

Anyway... Gunna have a hard time not making a rant of this.

Just got off the phone to Mantic. It's out of warranty (true, fair, but only 5k or so so tried my luck) but the kicker is "I know what you said, that you didn't abuse it, but oi can see from here mate it's clearly been abused, I sees clutches out of race cars with less wear so yeh mate, it's obvious you've been abusing it, I know what you said...... And so on.

It might have gotten a wot 1-2 shift a week and a spirited drive a month but besides that was driven pretty fucking sedately for a twin turbo 8. No burnouts, clutch dumps etc. And, it's a twin plate clutch that was recommended to take the relatively low power level in my car sooo... fuck your shit product. And your shit service.

Pretty furious at this point but appears all I can do is throw it in the bin where it belongs and get a new one.

Ok, so probably down to Mal Wood, NPC, Textralia (I'd look at Mcleod but need one now) or the dudes at the shop are pricing up a suitably rated Exedy.

Any further input brains trust?

Comment

Hmmmm not just exwrx that says the the z grip is not ideal for something that does spend a bit of time in the grind, or if nopics drives, which mine does.

So probably down to the NPC or McLeod rxt and leaning towards the latter due to pretty widespread good feedback on behaviour and ability to hold torque.

Does anyone have an idea of whether this bolts straight up to ve l98? https://www.ebay.com/itm/McLEOD-RXT-...YAAOSwqM1Ymsen

As need it soonish, will probably get through outlaw speed Shop in radelaide as with Gerry Harvey tax there's not a huge difference in price shipped and landed but cant call them today due to labour labour Day close.

Also, mantic are a bunch of cunts, their organic twin plate clutches crumble quicker than a cookie in a blender the moment any power is applied. Avoid.

Poor value, zero longevity and poor service.

Comment

Direct Clutch Service in Brisbane are amazing to deal with and every clutch I've bought from them has been up to the task, I'd give them a call. My 2c

Comment

Originally posted by richzx View Post
                    Direct Clutch Service in Brisbane are amazing to deal with and every clutch I've bought from them has been up to the task, I'd give them a call. My 2c
                    I concur, legends and do some mad twin plates.

Comment

Cheers fellas I might give them a bell tomorrow too.

​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                      X