I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Wat?

Comment

We decided we needed a dedicated thread to how good a th400 is

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
        We decided we needed a dedicated thread to how good a th400 is
        You have been reading the bullet too much.

You need a glide......... apparently.

Comment

I see... I think... or not lol

Comment

Surely if you're only trapping 125 the a340 is fine. And if you're dead set on losing overdrive, why not c4 over th400?

Comment

Electronic controlled and shifted lenco
              you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

the guy with the sequential turbo setup celica had a lenco with a clutch.

I'm also keen on this... gotta be able to do drag challenge & a little street duty & a KM flat out.
                This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrie View Post
                  Surely if you're only trapping 125 the a340 is fine. And if you're dead set on losing overdrive, why not c4 over th400?
                  I think that's the changeover point (there or thereabouts). Once you're doing all the conversion bits (mounts/bellhousing/tailshaft/shifter/speedo) you may as well go to the strongest. I regret going c4 in the Barradore

Comment

C4 is way too expensive to make it >500hp reliable.

Comment

Jamming a valve body, convertor and fitting a good cooler in a A340E gets you quite a way and they will handle some power.
                      Issue is, when you blow it up getting it properly rebuilt is a fair chunk less than conversion costs and another transmission, if you legitimately drive it a lot then going back to a 3 speed box is insanity when even a 4 speed these days is a bit gay - so factor in a gear vendors OD for the TH400.

TLDR; Unless your making really big power towing the cunt to the drag strip, give the stock box a go.

Comment

Originally posted by dnegative View Post
                        Jamming a valve body, convertor and fitting a good cooler in a A340E gets you quite a way and they will handle some power.
                        Issue is, when you blow it up getting it properly rebuilt is a fair chunk less than conversion costs and another transmission, if you legitimately drive it a lot then going back to a 3 speed box is insanity when even a 4 speed these days is a bit gay - so factor in a gear vendors OD for the TH400.

TLDR; Unless your making really big power towing the cunt to the drag strip, give the stock box a go.
                        Mine was fine with nearly 600whp 1uz and 135mph.

Comment

Originally posted by dnegative View Post

I don't think losing overdrive is that much of a problem for a 2.5 or 3.0 litre motor. The prices I've been quoted to build another strong 340 are similar to the price of a built th400 so you'll only be out the cost of the conversion bits

Comment

so anyone street drive a CO2 shifted trans? am i going to need to top it up every 100km?
                            This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

toploader or your a faggot.
                              I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Working...
                              X