PAR gearsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAR gearsets

did a quick search, most threads seem to be from a fair while ago.

bought my gearset from haysam around 5 months ago i think, was told 12 weeks. have paid for 50% upfront as he asked.. seems like im getting the run around now. each week its this or that.. starting to get annoyed.

anyone have similar experiences? have i shot myself in the foot using him?

common story unfortunately

Comment

Link to haysam for reference?

Comment

Originally posted by S View Post
        Link to haysam for reference?
        he owns precision automation and robotics - PAR..

Comment

Originally posted by dougmo View Post
          common story unfortunately
          are you saying its par for the course???
          /csh Racing

Comment

Yeah.
            bought a sh par gearbox but rebuilt by the previous owner before sale with many new gears, second gear being one of these new gears.
            first time on the track select second leaving the pit exit no drive.
            pull gearbox down and the dog gear hadn't been bonded to the drive gear.
            I contact par, not my issue he says.
            have recepts, send photos show its brand new, show it was never welded from their factory.
            All it needs is going back to them and electro welding or friction welding (whatever they do)
            Nup. wont do that. not interested. have to buy a new gear or nothing at all.
            I should have known as I had trouble with them previously.
            People said they had changed. They have not.
            Never again. I warn everyone to stay away.
            Originally Posted by Tut
            THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN

Comment

Sounds like the service is sub par.

Comment

well fuck.

Comment

I had good dealings with PAR when Gerard was there (circa late 2000s/early 2010s) but since he left it's a one man band and well, others in this thread can vouch for how that's going.

As for the quality, I've never been overly impressed for the money. I've replaced about 4 dog gears due to wear. While I don't claim to be the best dog driver I didn't think I mashed that many changes. Also broke a single tooth each off 1st and 4th gears, as well as a blown pinion and I think a broken tooth on another crownwheel that I'm still driving on. The synchro set seems to be holding up well. All this in a Pulsar.

However I will vouch for the custom clutches they used to make for the Pulsars. Fuck mine has seen some abuse and high loads and they've never slipped. Flywheels have been ok as well.

My 2c.
                  Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Fapmeister View Post
                    I had good dealings with PAR when Gerard was there (circa late 2000s/early 2010s) but since he left it's a one man band and well, others in this thread can vouch for how that's going.

As for the quality, I've never been overly impressed for the money. I've replaced about 4 dog gears due to wear. While I don't claim to be the best dog driver I didn't think I mashed that many changes. Also broke a single tooth each off 1st and 4th gears, as well as a blown pinion and I think a broken tooth on another crownwheel that I'm still driving on. The synchro set seems to be holding up well. All this in a Pulsar.

However I will vouch for the custom clutches they used to make for the Pulsars. Fuck mine has seen some abuse and high loads and they've never slipped. Flywheels have been ok as well.

My 2c.
                    Well dogs are consumable so that's to be expected with wear, i guess it just depends how quickly the wear occurred as to whether its acceptable or not.

I've opted for the synchro set in mine.

Is your pulsar fwd or awd?

Comment

Yes that's true. To me they seemed to wear prematurely.

Pulsar is FWD, pushing about 380hp at the fronts.
                      Paul

Comment

sounds like PAR are no longer top dog.
                        Originally posted by Rdyno
                        70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                        Originally posted by Tripper
                        Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Originally posted by Fapmeister View Post
                          Yes that's true. To me they seemed to wear prematurely.

Pulsar is FWD, pushing about 380hp at the fronts.
                          yeah, that's a little worrying. i will be making double that power through an awd setup.

Comment

engine power has no bearing on dog wear. that's down to shift quality

i'd be concerned about the broken gear teeth though

Oo___oO

Comment

First gear broke at the drags with a shit ton of axle tramp (broke a CV at the same time). Fourth gear I'm pretty sure dropped a tooth during a street sprints weekend, so I'm a little bit puzzled by that one. The gearset was a few years old at that point.
                              Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X