No announcement yet.

PAR gearsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever happened to the HGT AWD rb26 box?

Oo___oO

Comment

Were they any good? Never even had them in my radar
      3D scanning
      3D modelling
      Structural certification
      3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

A few weeks ago platinum hinted that they were going to adapt a BMW dct to suit 32 - 34 gtrs

Comment

Yea I mean that is no big deal apart from the boxes are fucking massive. Friend of mine has the 8 speed out of those 4wd track hawks that he is doing an adapter for but that is a new style slush box.
          3D scanning
          3D modelling
          Structural certification
          3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Its quite annoying some of these companies simply dont manage their business correctly

I've heard people having better success with PAR if they get the box built via Neat in SA as they often have stock (& and good relationship with PAR) but i'd want ratios similar to my OS Giken, plus dog 1-5 and the bigger input shaft, so unlikely to have stock.. thats no big deal, but a 12 month wait would piss me off

Ive heard decent things about PPG H pattern boxes, but I've heard a few not great things about the company and service as well (from customers and workshops)

Im guessing PRP will just be agents for HGT who already developed the BMW DCT kit.. i wouldnt put it in my own car, but will be interesting to see how people go

Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post

Why not a Holinger mate?
            If i was going to order a new sequential i'd likely be looking at Samsonas.. but Holingers sometimes do pop up 2nd hand in the 15-18k range which would make it pretty attractive

I'm also thinking the money saved can be chucked on panel & paint

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post

Prob price, a PPG DOG H pattern is 10K installed. A PPG sequential into GTR box is like 22K. A holinger box is around 26-28K mark, about the same for an albins sequential. The Samsonas 6 speed sequential is around the 24K mark, the Samsonas RS90 5 speed sequential I ordered as I sold my previous samsonas is $28k including GST.
              Hey mate, who gave you the $10k price?

I'm guessing that's 1-4 and stock 5th?

Comment

Straight from PPG, billet sandwich plate, all new bearings and seals, 1-4 with upgraded input shaft splines so it runs gm input shaft. That was 10k plus not including. I just checked the invoice.
                3D scanning
                3D modelling
                Structural certification
                3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
                  Straight from PPG, billet sandwich plate, all new bearings and seals, 1-4 with upgraded input shaft splines so it runs gm input shaft. That was 10k plus not including. I just checked the invoice.
                  That sounds like a good deal for what you've got, especially with the billet centre plate

Just confirming you sent a stock box to them and they'll supply & build it?

I'm very interested in how you go with it, definitely keep me updated!

Comment

Yea send a box in get one back all sand blasted and rebuilt.
                    3D scanning
                    3D modelling
                    Structural certification
                    3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Awesome, cheers!

Comment

pardon my ignorance but where does the extra 12k for the sequential vs H PPG box? knob/ratchet assembly and grooved selector shaft? or is the whole gearset bespoke?

Oo___oO

Comment

what is the benefit of a billet sandwich plate?
                          CISCOKIDS
                          The Gentlemen's Club
                          Midnight Rocker

Comment

I'm assuming making the grooved barrels cost a bit, also you can reuse a fair bit of stuff keeping it H pattern. I think these boxes have issues with the centre plate, was a typical upgrade a long time ago but I can't remember specifics.
                            3D scanning
                            3D modelling
                            Structural certification
                            3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

This is another option on the high side of $, but I do like that there is a lot of thought put in with a clean sheet design - https://www.6xdgearbox.com/6xd-gearbox-applications/

this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

I looked at this for my 240z, but it is just so fucking long, there is heaps of easily replacable parts in it but again I just can't fit it physically in my car.
                                3D scanning
                                3D modelling
                                Structural certification
                                3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Working...
                                X