Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stand alone boost controller that does boost via gps??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand alone boost controller that does boost via gps??

Iím chasing a boost controller thatís stand alone and uses a gps signal to control boost over gear.
    Is there such a beast?
    Iíve done a bit of a search but canít seem to find much.
    Ideas?
    Car is a s13 with an aftermarket computer that doesnít do boost over gear/speed.
    Originally Posted by Tut
    THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN

Get the speed signal from a front wheel?

Comment

You'll find most GPS speed senders are too slow.

I have a Jegs branded sender in my car, 30% of the time it just doesn't come online, and the rest its quite slow. Good for highway driving, not much else.

Comment

Dubs

Comment

Slightly off topic but useful info (I thought anyway).
          I've got a Motec GPS unit in my car and Cossie55 (Motec Boffin Extraordinaire) was kind enough to drop in and review my setup and do some config stuff for me. I had installed the GPS unit on the parcel shelf thinking that this would be an ideal location, but Jamie quite correctly pointed out that the roof will likely hinder the GPS's ability to connect with at least three satellites and thus provide a reliable signal. Apparently many of the IPRA cars run them on the roof, so I purchased a 'carbon fibre aka painted plastic' roof shark fin for $8 from Ebay and will stick the sender up there to provide the best possible signal.
          In summary, GPS stuff isn't amazing even at 10HZ but it's even worse if you don't give it an opportunity to function correctly.

Comment

Are there any stand alone boost controllers that use a wheel speed sensor?
            Originally Posted by Tut
            THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN

Comment

https://www.garage7.com.au/g7v3/index.php/shop/ipc

I have no idea if they are any good.

Comment

Thanks.
                Originally Posted by Tut

Comment

If it works as advertised I reckon it's a great bit of gear for those who are stuck with Power FC's or Nistunes.

Comment

I think I've decided to wire in a spare vipec computer I have lying about to control the boost over speed/gear and ill leave the microtech that's running it now in place.
                    Cheap solution and I can just rip out the vipec if and when I decide to sell.
                    Twin aftermarket computers bro.
                    Originally Posted by Tut

Comment

Working...
                    X