Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New fab business - test subjects required

It's been a couple of years of back and forth but it's finally been locked in, & later this year I will be starting pre-production & testing of my own aussie built alloy radiators (the back & forth part has been designing cores & having them built).

Building them is one thing, but I do need some feedback from people in terms of how do they perform, and feedback on fitment (how well does the shroud mount up, clearance in the engine bay etc etc).
    The list of cars I'll be covering are:

- LC-LJ Torana.
    - LH-LX Torana.
    - VB-VK Commodore.
    - VN-VS Commodore.
    - FG Falcon.
    - 2006-2010 VE Commodore (Series 1 radiator....).

So what do I need, & what will you get out of it? Pretty much if your in Sydney, own one of these cars & want a free alloy radiator then let me know! I don't need samples or anything like that (already have the original radiators here...), I just need feedback on how they fit, do they work well etc etc. The VB-VK radiators are all the same so only need 1x car for that, same for the VN-VS.

If your car is manual that is preferred (if it's auto and you're only using an external oil cooler that's fine too. I'm not building auto radiators just yet....). Cores arrive in June/July so it will be tee'd up for the last half of the year.

What about the VL, not covered?

Comment

Originally posted by richzx View Post
      What about the VL, not covered?
      Oh yeh how could I forget? Yup need a VL too.

Comment

I'll pay for postage if you want to send me one and i'll fit it and report back etc

Comment

No HQ to HZ?

Comment

Interested, where are you sourcing cores, local or china?

Comment

A lot of the early Holden stuff had similar core dimensions with different mounting wings - may be worth looking into mate as with minimal changes it could give you a much larger audience to sell your stuff to.
              1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week
              1980 Gemini Sedan
              1992 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

Comment

Originally posted by chartreusehj View Post
                No HQ to HZ?
                They use the same core as a LH-LX Torana so yup can use a HQ-HZ as a test mule.

Comment

Originally posted by matty12 View Post
                  Interested, where are you sourcing cores, local or china?
                  Sourcing from China atm. Supplier is awesome, most of their tooling is German (they even have some Japanese Koyo machinery). Just been a bit of back and forth with my designs and matching it to what they can currently do without forcing them to re-jig a heap of stuff.

Would be nice to buy local but I would end up being at the mercy of PWR or Adrad and both are direct competitors so would more than likely end up with me being back at square one. At least this way I have full control over what I get.
                  The sheer amount of tooling, money & staff required to build your own cores is pretty up there (especially if you want to make good ones....). So PWR must be doing pretty well for themselves

Yup Richzx if you have a VL I'll put you down on my list. What state are you in?

Comment

I'm in Tas but I'm happy to pay for postage.

Comment

Yup not a drama, I'll add you to the list!

Comment

I have a feeling adc use a select bunch of cores for their product. It end up being a shit looking product due to the fact to make some product they use cores too high, compensate with a skinny tank and then try to jamb a 45mm fitting into it which ends up with a oval shaped fitting.

Will you make a hq hz that uses vl vs rad to suit ls1? Itll be a big seller!

Comment

Originally posted by matty12 View Post
                          I have a feeling adc use a select bunch of cores for their product. It end up being a shit looking product due to the fact to make some product they use cores too high, compensate with a skinny tank and then try to jamb a 45mm fitting into it which ends up with a oval shaped fitting.

Will you make a hq hz that uses vl vs rad to suit ls1? Itll be a big seller!
                          My end goal is to stock 100+ different sized cores, maybe half of which are specific to certain vehicles then the rest just being in 'generic' sizes so they can be used for custom work. But yes I will definitely do the HQ's, VL, VN-VS configured to suit LS motors (with the 2x steam port fittings on the radiator etc etc). I can get custom rubber/silicone hoses made too so I do have the option to make custom hoses to suit that kind of thing too.

Comment

What are your core specs tp, fpi etc or is that secretive stuff for the time being?

Comment

I can post up most of the specs when I'm back at work on Monday

Comment

Working...
                              X