Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lsjuan is a total dog

So my mate has got a hold of a Landcruiser with a ls1 in it, recently rebuilt motor (3rd motor on warranty apparently lol) cam, mafless tune blah blah.
    Last owner filled it up with e10 and it wasn't running that great but still did get from a to b, Dropped the fuel, new 98 no difference.
    New plugs, checked leads and coilpacks, no codes on the scantool so we took it for a little drive.

The next day when idling the thing hydrolocked itself on fuel, was pissing out of the extractors and everything. Replaced injectors with a good second hand set and dropped the fuel pressure from 75psi back to 58psi. It ran ok after this but was still a gutless pos.

Fast forward to last night we took the thing for a 100km round trip. On the way out we noticed the wideband sitting on 18 - 19:1 at cruise and dropping to 16:1 full noise, but it wasn't a consistent number and jumped around, was running shit.

On the way back for a brief moment it cleared up and ran the best it ever has, then it went really lean again, lost most power, was back firing out the intake and both exhausts, drove the cunt back anyway hoping it would blow up but it didnt. The car following us said it smelt really really really rich.

What other things should we check over? None of us have really ever owned a modified petrol. I'm very skeptical of the afr readings

It needs to go on a dyno and get sorted by the sounds. Dropping the fuel
    Pressure probably isnít a great idea if it was tuned with 75. If itís in closed loop the 02s will do a pretty good job of keeping it at 14.63 unless something is very wrong with the fuel system
    Or the tune

Comment

Hydro locked on fuel. Checked for bent rods?

Comment

OBD for codes, comp check, probably get injectors flowed by the sounds of it, cam timing would be nice if you could, then dyno.

Oh and put it in something that doesn't weigh as much as the moon

Comment

Check the inlet manifold for air leaks
          2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
          2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
          I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Making sense now.

Comment

I'm going to ask the question. Please tell me those filters aren't being used to filter fuel on a EFI car ?
              - Gary

97 Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe 1.8 (cheap and cheerful motoring)
              16 Honda Grom (MSX125) Snail racing would be faster

Comment

Originally posted by Crash Dummy View Post
                I'm going to ask the question. Please tell me those filters aren't being used to filter fuel on a EFI car ?
                as a prefilter, yes. There is a whole lot of headfuck going on

Comment

Engine conversions are easy, doing them well aint;
                  Case in point

Comment

is it possible to get tanks from a petrol 80 which has in tank pumps? that setup looks poo.
                    Originally posted by Skompa
                    The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Comment

Originally posted by briney View Post
                      is it possible to get tanks from a petrol 80 which has in tank pumps? that setup looks poo.
                      75 cab on patrol chassis so pootrol tank

Comment

petrol pootrol tanks then?
                        Originally posted by Skompa
                        The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Comment

Working...
                        X