Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mazda MPV issues with new Idle control valve - wrong part or am I missing something?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda MPV issues with new Idle control valve - wrong part or am I missing something?

Hi all,

This thing has been sitting around for a little while mostly due to failing a roadworthy on a few minor issues, oil leak and tyre. Its had an ongoing problem with the IAC valve - so it makes a vibrating noise and can cut out from time to time.

So locally the part is about $600 or something stupid and the wreckers won't sell it unless it goes with the engine so I purchased a part from Amazon which is an intermotor part - pics on the website looked exactly the same as the standard part.

Today after 2 weeks, it comes in the post, I open the package and of course it looks quite different and nothing like the description or images online..I'm like ok, fuck it I'll try it as its supposed to fit this car.

Initially it idles like a crazed maniac at about 1500 rpms, then settled back to normal after a bit and all seemed well. Took it for a test drive and it was all over the place, surging and inconsistent idle.

The question is is this the wrong part or do I need to reset something and get the engine management system to adjust to this part?

It's the wrong part.

PM me if you need help from a genuine parts point of view.

Comment

shitballs..that is annoying.

Anyway I have PM'ed you.

Comment

Working...
      X