Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get power steering hose joined?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get power steering hose joined?

Hi
    Does anyone know what type of place or somewhere in Adelaide that can cut and join a power steering hose?
    https://imgur.com/a/WhuH72W
    I got a power steering pump that doesn't fit where the metal line is. Is it possible to just use this regular barbed joiners and screw clamps?
    Another useless post for PF by bthology

Nope, google hydraulic hose repair and pick the closest one.

Comment

Not overly helpful but surely electronic power steering could be an option?

Comment

Be careful, That swage in the middle of the hose like that can be a restrictor internally, the swage collar keeps it in place

Comment

take it to Pirtek.
          You can also try EnZed but every hose they have ever made for me ever has leaked, so
          take it to Pirtek.
          475 South Rd, Regency Park SA 5010
          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
          my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Thanks! Now the big question is, can they do this while it's on the car? Because of I take it all out, I might as well put the entire new one in lol
            Another useless post for PF by bthology

Comment

No, they can't crimp it like AC hoses. Has to come out

Comment

Pirtek
                Originally posted by 50RTD
                Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Originally posted by bthology View Post
                  Thanks! Now the big question is, can they do this while it's on the car? Because of I take it all out, I might as well put the entire new one in lol
                  Thatís a much better idea lol put a new one on
                  Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                  my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

D&M Hydraulics at Edwardstown are a great bunch of guys

Iím no guru but why not use replaceable fittings? No need for swaging

Comment

Originally posted by Fiona View Post
                      D&M Hydraulics at Edwardstown are a great bunch of guys

Iím no guru but why not use replaceable fittings? No need for swaging
                      aeroflow makes power steering fittings to get from what you've got to -6. then it's a case of getting a couple of the relevant field serviceable ends in the required angles and a bit of hose from the hydraulics place.
                      Originally posted by Skompa
                      The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Comment

If you're converting to -6 fittings you might as well go all the way and make up your own hose using Speedflow 490 series gear. This is what I'm currently doing on my Supra.
                        Norbie!

Comment

Ask Pirtek what they think of using single braid Teflon as hydraulic hose

Comment

Is that in reply to my post? I don't think 490 series has any Teflon in it. From the product page:

Speedflowís 490 Series hose is designed for high pressure power steering applications using our 490 Series fittings.

The hose is constructed from a synthetic rubber tube with a textile inner braid, a single wire braid reinforcement and a rubber impregnated textile braid cover that is black in colour.
                            I have little doubt that Pirtek would have negative things to say about a competing product regardless of the facts; they're not exactly a neutral observer here.
                            Norbie!

Comment

It can't be done whilst on the car. You will have to remove the complete hose/tube assembly and work from there.

are you near me or at least this side of town?
                              " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Working...
                              X