Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosch Bundy Tube - how do I not ragequit with this shit?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I need one of those for sure.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
      Yeah I need one of those for sure.
      Like $12 bucks from total tools, bought one the other day just cause I could use it one day [emoji846]

Comment

They also have them in at your favourite sausage and bread retailer
        "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Doing fuel line? Put a hose clamp around the fixed handle to hold the tube in place and stop it moving forward when you bend it round the die with the other handle. If its still shit, change the tube manufacturer. Makes a massive difference as some are very stiff, while others you can bend with your hand. Bosch seem to have fucked up PBR stuff since they purchased them. Used to be real easy to bend.
          Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
          This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Is it single wall or double wall tube?

Double wall shouldn't kink if you're using a handheld bender.

Single wall is rubbish and needs a 45m bend radius.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
              Yeah I bought a larger and better tube bender and it works - ok-. I managed to get the job done but Iíll use aluminium next time.
              Some research shows the Bosch Bundy tube is shit to work with.
              I prefer the "Reliance" brand of tubing... very nice to work with
              Location Perth Western Australia

Comment

Cheers gents. Iíll try a spring on this stuff and Iíll try a different brand as well.
                Any hookups on suppliers?
                Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

From the Merc 280 build thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6B395F06-5B0D-4B25-9009-CC1C68073EB6.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	6619032

I need to run a fuel line, return and two PS lines from the boot.

Comment

Swagelock? They would do it in a heap of sizes for instrumentation and I fine it bends easily.

Comment

25ft of -6 tubing in alloy... fo $70
                      Originally posted by Carroll Smith
                      The price of Man in motion is the occasional collision.
                      Royalpurple Oils

Comment

Bought a bending spring. Works well enough but the tube still flattens and is a cow to get the spring back off.
                        Iíll try the reliance stuff.

Comment

we use these on all the instrument tube at work. its all 316 swagelok stainless tube but the rollers/ correct size dies certainly help keep the tubing round. every tubing diameter requires its own specific bender. if you try to use the wrong die it will come out shit. also, it should be soft-annealed carbon steel (<130HV) or fully annealed stainless (<200HV) for best results.

what's your radius? a 3/8" tube should have a minimum bend radius of 15/16" with a wall thickness of 35-65 thousands of an inch)

here is the manual: https://www.swagelok.com/downloads/w...N/MS-13-43.PDF see page 24 for troubleshooting.

Oo___oO

Comment

Can vouch for the swagelock bender, we use a fair bit of annealed stainless tube at work (3/8" and 1/2") and the right bending tools makes life very easy.

If you insist on using a spring, lube the tube everywhere the spring will be so its a bunch easier to slip off, I did some 5/8" stainless with a spring and it was not fun at all.

Comment

Twisting the spring as you withdraw it (so it gets tighter/smaller diameter) helps too

Comment

Yeah if you do like five 90deg bends in the one pipe with the spring still inside...good luck getting it back out
                                Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Working...
                                X