Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp gun recommendations

Need a quality one but not really wanting to spend $400 or $500.

Recommendations?

Milwaukee any good?
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Switched from Darwin shooting thread to this one. Took me a second to understand what you were asking for. /sigh
    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
    Q is just a LARP dangerous conspiracy theory for extreme right wing racist, bigoted, uneducated, moronic rednecks who believe bat shit crazy stuff about satanic demonic one world elites who have been working for centuries to enslave mankind.

Comment

I just use a cheap one $70 I reckon it cost, I've never found it to be inaccurate. Bloody handy tool.
      " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Cheap jaycar thing works fine for me.

Thermal emissivity mean 90% of measured temps are inaccurate anyway but for checking tyre temps, blocked tubes in radiator cores and exhaust pipe temps just about anything will work well as long as you are consistent in how you take the temperatures.

Comment

Iíve found the cheap eBay guns pretty accurate relative to my good pyrometer

Comment

Originally posted by chartreusehj View Post
            Cheap jaycar thing works fine for me.

Thermal emissivity mean 90% of measured temps are inaccurate anyway but for checking tyre temps, blocked tubes in radiator cores and exhaust pipe temps just about anything will work well as long as you are consistent in how you take the temperatures.

This the good ones will allow you to change to suit the material you are trying to measure the temp off. and try and keep the same distance from the object when measuring to help with the accuracy
            you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Ended up with the Milwaukee one, will report back
              I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

I got the stanley one because it does up to 520 degrees. Some of the others I was looking at ended at 250 or 360. Handy being able to check headers to see what one cylinder might be doing, especially on diesels. Seems pretty accurate. Ecu was reading 96.0 degrees, gun was reading 95.9

Problem IR ones have is on very reflective surfaces.
                Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Working...
                X