Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What sort of paint to touch up an ARB bull bar????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sort of paint to touch up an ARB bull bar????

So I picked up a second hand bar for the Triton but it has some scuff marks and stuff and figure I may as well give it a touch up before I put the thing on. What is the conventional wisdom on paint for redoing the bar? I was going to go with a colour match to the car but given it is a metalic the chances of getting it right in my shed are slim so have decided to stick with the satin black. I have a decent spray gun etc so don't need to be tied to a spray can solution if there is a better option out there. I was going to go rhino liner stuff but unless you get it spot on it can look a bit dodge on panels I think.

I am thinking that a 2K option in satin black will be the most durable but are there other options out there that might be better?

Cheers
    Paul

maybe price up getting it powder coated
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Saturn black killrust is pretty close

Comment

As above, i just paint all my barwork with saturn black enamel and then future touch ups are easy and it all matches. I use the dulux stuff and it doesn't seem to fade or discolour over time so always looks good.

Projects:
        '90 2jz-gte 929
        '02 twin-locked TD42 GU Patrol

Comment

Sweet, I have spent way too much time thinking about this though and am tossing up the idea of colour coding the bar while it is off ..

Comment

ARB powdercoat all their bars, with the colour coded bars then getting primer and OE match 2 pack paint.
            I'm going to have to hit my bar with killrust and satin black, the top of the bumper has had a heap of holes drilled through it for lights which haven't been treated.

Comment

Ended up colour matching Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190929_130257911.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	4.67 MB
ID:	7080428
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X