X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
    Ahh!! I get you sorry lol.
    So I could just but the wilwood pedal for hte clutch on it's own and the brake stays as normal?
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy928tt View Post
      Hang on? As I understand it, the hydraulic set up was working fine till the cheap shit master cylinder shit itself, yes? So why not get the cheap shit master cylinder fixed proper good Aussie styles by Power Brakes, Gilles Plains S.A. and be happy?
      A mate of mine in the business suggested I do the same. Not with that specific place but his work. It took me months to get around to getting it out and by the time I got it out I sort of munted it in the process.
      I've slowly been trying to get this thing easier to work on since all my previous conversions and shit go. I would hope that this one doesn't shit itself but would like to make things easier.
      Pretty much what Ben Wilson said even without the cage and shit (which will come eventually) its an absolute cunt to try and work on under there even with everything apart
      In the process I discovered that the res cap itself wasn't very well manufactured and actually leaked. Coulda been why it failed (ran out of fluid dried up fucked out?) I dunno enough to know if that's a thing or not?

Someone I was speaking to as well suggested trying to have it all setup and have a longer rod in it to get perfect adjustment/feel going on. Again I don't know if I can pull the thing to pieces (or get someone in the know to do it) then do that?

Originally posted by dsm2002 View Post
      Yes. Brakeworx at Queanbeyan probably could do it, although I am waiting to get him to do the MC and wheel cylinders for my 2002. Call Trevor.
      I don't know where they are? That could be an option but if I can't get this sorted.

Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post
      Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
      Yeah cool I'll look into it!

P.s Appreciate the help guys.
      BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Brakeworx 46 Sikva Ave Qbn. Trevor 6297 6100

Comment

you mentioned not wanting it in the engine bay, is that a preference, or a lack of space? with my corolla, i was able to use the whole clutch pedal/box from a later corolla. there's pics in my thread about it. most manual jap cars (as a gross generalisation) have a stand alone pedal box with a simple mounting. they'll offer some support to the firewall too. probably wouldn't hurt to brace it anyway.
          Originally posted by Skompa
          The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Comment

Dunno about this car, but when I did it with an S13 engine there was no room to spare in the enginebay
            Originally posted by Marlin
            Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

google what the german lads with kadett c models do.
              Originally posted by Marv
              Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

So I thought of doing a hydraulic conversion to the Mustang. Everyone is telling be it's a piece of piss and only a couple of hundred bucks...

Bullshit.

I reckon if you're going down the path of a hydraulic conversion give Dellow a call -> https://dellowconversions.com.au/pro...c-clutch-kits/

Did the SR20's ever have a hydraulic clutch version? I've only played with the 'Uslar SR20's and they were cable.

Comment

S13 180SX and silvia were hydraulic as well as S14 and S15 200SX

Comment

Originally posted by 080GMH View Post
                    S13 180SX and silvia were hydraulic as well as S14 and S15 200SX
                    Can that be modified to suit your needs no13b_Coupe?

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post

Can that be modified to suit your needs no13b_Coupe?
                      There isn't any problem at the flywheel end. The problem is that the Gemini originally had a cable clutch, and the space at the pedal end where that cable mechanism used to live is now likely full of inlet manifold.
                      Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post
                        There isn't any problem at the flywheel end. The problem is that the Gemini originally had a cable clutch, and the space at the pedal end where that cable mechanism used to live is now likely full of inlet manifold.
                        Mal Wood does these for Falcons. Might fit under the dash in the G-mini.

https://malwoodauto.com.au/wp-conten...ssembly_v3.jpg

Comment

https://malwoodauto.com.au/wp-conten...ssembly_v2.jpg
                          That might just work

Comment

Anyone know what that master cylinder is from in the malwood setup or are there similar ones available that are easy to get hold of?

Comment

Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post
                              Pretty much this. The inlet manifold is a hunk of junk to begin with but it works. Having the factory one on there cause mad problems with the brake booster and master cylinder.
                              The master cylinder itself looks horrible in the engine bay to begin with. I've 'tried' to keep it relatively neat in there and at some stage in the future the whole thing is getting a make over. Not top 60 but I want it to be neat so keeping it under dash works ace for me. Nissan masters are that little bit too big as well. I think the resoviour is quite tall.

https://malwoodauto.com.au/wp-conten...ssembly_v3.jpg
                              Thanks will sus.
                              Last edited by no13b_Coupe; 17-10-19, 08:50 AM.

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

I just had a look at the pedal assembly : https://malwoodauto.com.au/product/f...edal-assembly/

I think it'd have to be cut and shut to fit. It looks awfully big. I'd need to do some dimensions. Also the $700 price tag scares me a bit lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X