2014 SR5 Hilux aircon is fucking me

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check the site glass near on the condensor, im pretty sure they are a sub cooled condensor, meaning when running there should be no bubbles in the sight glass. If there is charge is low.

Comment

Don't ask me how I know this, Hilux A/C turns off above 110km/h. So is the VSS working?

If the fuse isn't blown - Remove the A/C power wire from the compressor, Start the Hilux and put it into neutral, chock wheels etc. Have someone hit the A/C button while you measure the voltage (or you can see the multi-meter from inside the car). No voltage then start checking the circuit. Voltage is stuffed A/C clutch.

Comment

Will check voltage on the compressor voltage tomorrow. To test the VSS, do I just ohm it out or ghetto rig it to a drill and measure voltage as the speed increases? 0-5v output?

There are no bubbles in the sight glass.

Comment

That will stop the clutch kicking in. The clutch works no?
          it will be the compressor internals or tx valve

Comment

Originally posted by bpm View Post
            That will stop the clutch kicking in. The clutch works no?
            it will be the compressor internals or tx valve
            yeah just wanted to check anyway. vss is working fine. clutch works and it gets 13.4v when activated. before i order a new compressor, is there any way to test the tx valve? i assume it's located under the dash?
            Last edited by venicebeach; 25-11-19, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Easy to see with high/ low gauges. Too low on the low side, too high on the high side, compressor stays on constantly, high side pressure doesn’t drop much with compressor cycling

Comment

Thanks mate.

Comment

Working...
                X