No announcement yet.

PWM Fuel Pump Control - learn me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a walbro 255 would run that engine. 300rwhp would be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post
      Hey, guys.

With these PWM setup's how low can they go in regards to pumping fuel? looking for a setup for my X3 Toyota it is a simple 2JZGE with ITBs but i was looking at buying a Bosch Motorsport BR540 (overkill i know) but suitable to E85, currently on sale etc will the PWM run into any issues running the pump at a much lower rate then i guess it was intended?

anything i should be worried about?
      at very slow speeds turbine pumps can be quite pulsive due to surge. they like fluid velocity to stay away from their surge line at operating pressure.

positive deplacement pumps perform better at low speeds with vane pumps being good and twin screws being great. the pierburg screw pumps are fantastic at all speeds but they are quite long due to the design.

Oo___oO

Comment

Yeah it would, just looking at options of just in case i built a different engine into it later on at least fuel system will be fine and wiring.
        CISCOKIDS
        The Gentlemen's Club
        Midnight Rocker

Comment

About 30% is as low as you can go from memory.
          Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Burns, you got any more of those connectors left - happy to throw you some dosh - have bought one of the Jag fuel pump controllers for my own project.

Cheers,
            Ken
            Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

Can go as low as 20% according to NZEFI. they are out of stock and don't know when they will be getting more. but I went ahead and purchased one of the interwebs. only need to go as low as 50% max I think

+1 if anyone has connectors before i go out and purchase some.
              CISCOKIDS
              The Gentlemen's Club
              Midnight Rocker

Comment

I've ended up grabbing a few from here: https://www.auto-click.co.uk/7283-55...h=7283-5577-10 - pretty reasonably priced and postage isn't bad.
                Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

Great thread guys...setting this up in my build now.

So if the Jag controller is good for 18V and 20A - is that a 360w capability - ie i could put 2 pumps drawing 12.8v @11A without issues?

Comment

I just bought 2 of those Jag controllers so I can switch 2 pumps independently. I'll be hooking that up in few weeks to finish off my VE Maloo, want to be able to have one pump completely off.
                    3D scanning
                    3D modelling
                    Structural certification
                    3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by maddy View Post
                      Great thread guys...setting this up in my build now.

So if the Jag controller is good for 18V and 20A - is that a 360w capability - ie i could put 2 pumps drawing 12.8v @11A without issues?
                      No because combined that would be 22A. Current will be the issue, not total power.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post

No because combined that would be 22A. Current will be the issue, not total power.
                        Ok - so it's definitely a 20A limitation?

If so i'll rig up the 2nd pump as an aux on the Haltech and trigger it to run when the loads are right up

Comment

Originally posted by maddy View Post

Ok - so it's definitely a 20A limitation?

If so i'll rig up the 2nd pump as an aux on the Haltech and trigger it to run when the loads are right up
                          I'm only going off the numbers you quoted so if that's what it's rated then so be it. The limitation is the current and a lower voltage doesn't mean you can push more current through it. So if you put 22A total load simultaneously then you'd be over.

Auxiliary option sounds like a better idea to me.

Comment

I use it at 18v 20a but it may be capable of more. I ran mine with the pump circulating fuel for hours and hours with a bench power supply attached to the car and monitored the temperature.

you could do the same and for the love of god use a fuel pressure sensor with an ECU failsafe.

Oo___oO

Comment

Working...
                            X