easiest/best way to fix bubbled clear coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easiest/best way to fix bubbled clear coat

Looks like rain water has settled on the passenger and driver door sill. most likely due to parking on the street, the road camber means that water has settled on the sill and seems to have seeped in over time (add a fair few days of afternoon summer sun) resulting in a fucked door.

Possibly going to upgrade car soon and I think this could put people off as the rest of the car is in excellent condition. So what's the best/cheapest/easiest way to fix it? Is there a product that I can use with a drill attached buffer that will do the trick? Or is it a panel shop job? I don't have time or patience to wet and dry back the clear coat and recoat with 2K clear, would rather pay someone, and if that's the only way then so be it.

*pics attached*

Attached Files

I paid some one to re do the front and rear spoilers on the clubbie for this exact reason.

Cost $800 for the two pieces drive in drive out.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

it's a panel shop job

Comment

only other option would be to strip the clear all the way off and polish the paint.
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

That doesn't work

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

there are no shortcuts here sorry. its a spray job.

Oo___oO

Comment

Thanks gents. my next door neighbour was the accountant for a panel shop for year, so I'll hit him up for a favour.

Comment

Sand it flat then wrap the car.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
                  Sand it flat then wrap the car.
                  what im doing with my bonnet and roof. matt black wrap.
                  I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                  WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                  robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Ignore it.

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Comment

Working...
                    X