Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me a wideband and guage.

Dear PF.

What's good and what's not? I'm looking at one for my Turbo gemini.

Reviews for AEM some say good some say rubbish.
    Get the same for innovative.

What should I buy?
    1975 TX Gemini Coupe - 1991 VN SS - 2017 VF SS Redline Wagon
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/bucketindustries

I had an innovate years ago, LC1 I think, cunt of a thing used to keep erroring out on WOT runs. Had to completely shut it off and restart it to get it to work again. I finally found a beta firmware version on a forum somewhere that improved it mostly, a firmware release innovate pulled from their own website. Kinda liked the concept of free air calibrating but won't go innovate again cause cunts.

My current racecar I'm running a basic AEM and a Failsafe AEM (twin turbo zed, so one on each bank). The Failsafe is neat as it logs rpm, boost and lambda onboard. So for me without a sophisticated ECU this gave me some good data logging. I find they jump around a bit on idle and they rarely match each other, but that could be due to slightly different fueling/boosting on either bank.

Overall I think the innovate looked more professional but failed to deliver a reliable product (that is from around 10 years ago though).
    The AEM seems to work fairly reliable but I'm not confident the numbers are 100% accurate, but then as long as it's consistent I guess is what matters (it's probably within a few percent of calibrated accuracy).
    The AEM are at the lower price of what's out there though. HTH.
    Last edited by Shane001; 09-07-21, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Ive had an Innovate LC-1 with XD16 gauge in my car since 2008, and its been great,

They can occasionally need a recalibration, where you simply remove it from the exhaust, let it hang in free air while turned on, then press the calibration button for a few seconds. Ive done that twice in 13 years, so no problem really.

would bang again

Comment

What about the spartan wife band's are they any good?
        https://www.justraceparts.com.au/spa...gauge-52mm-lcd

Comment

haltech can bus wideband and your microtech dash will read WB02.

Comment

I had a shit run with Innovate, nothing but trouble.

Comment

Also you really want something that displays lambda not AFR.

Although AFR displayed is only a multiplication of lambda anyway, so it's kind of moot, it just saves on confusion if you're running any ethanol level fuels as the multiplier is different, whereas lambda is the same regardless of fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
                haltech can bus wideband and your microtech dash will read WB02.
                This is for the one with the sprint 500. I don't know if they can support the WB02?

Thanks for the input to guys.
                1975 TX Gemini Coupe - 1991 VN SS - 2017 VF SS Redline Wagon
                YT: https://www.youtube.com/bucketindustries

Comment

im pretty certain a canbus wideband can be used on a sprint500... a 2min call to haltech will confirm or deny. this will free up a precious analog input as well. MOAR DATA!

Comment

Innovate heater control is widely regarded as shithouse, in saying that, I will use mine until it plays up. Compatibility for digital signal with your ecu is probably the biggest factor. NTK sensors are supposed to be more robust, so something that runs them may be of interest.

Comment

Had innovate mtxl, lasted a couple of years before it killed the 02 sensor. Replaced sensor and started playing up less than 12 months later.

Replaced with aem x series (cheapest on the market) has been faultless, can change between lambda/afr at the touch of a button. Reports same numbers as mtxl. A can wb02 would be better but I'm pretty happy with the aem so far (3 years in).

Comment

Had an autometer gauge when I was using blow through carb setup was still going when i pulled it off 8 years later.
                        Can do lambda or afr and 0-5v output etc
                        It used the lsu 4.2 sensor think I replaced it once in that time.

Not cheapest but matched what I had gauge wise was also when usd was less then aud when I bought it so wasn't so eye watering.

Comment

Its a pity that the new Haltech WB02s dont have 0-5v anymore. They were great with a standalone gauge.
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

AFR500v2 with NTK sensor
                            E30 325is M20 3.1L

Comment

^^ this. either a ballanger AFR500 or any of the 14point7.com ones.

Oo___oO

Comment

Working...
                              X