No announcement yet.

Recommend me a wideband and guage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sensor that came with my AEM shit the bed after 6 months, but that was prob 20K of daily driving. Also heard good things about 14point7.

Comment

have had an innovate mtxl for over 10 years. in that time i killed a 4.2 sensor once, upgraded to 4.9, killed a 4.9 sensor once. cant really complain tho given the abuse the car gets, every once in a while the gauge will go into an error state that only gets resolved by power cycling the car. pretty rare tho.

at the same time i have seen many innovate sensors that have been absolutely shithouse so even though mine has worked fairly well I wouldnt recommend it

the justraceparts guy is actually a friend of mine and the spartan widebands he sells are the goods. dont need free air cal fucking around like the innovates and they switch on faster and seem to have less bullshit errors and shit like that go wrong with them.
      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

have had innovate gauge fail but sensor would still work and send correct signals to ECU, had to replace both since the new gauge didnt have same plug for existing sensor

www.holditflat.com

Comment

So thinking with the comments.
          Ballanger
          ​14point7
          AEM
          Spartan. trdee which specific ones does he sell.
          And does he cut mad deals. Potentially after 3 units.
          1975 TX Gemini Coupe - 1991 VN SS - 2017 VF SS Redline Wagon
          YT: https://www.youtube.com/bucketindustries

Comment

14point 7 is the company that makes the spartan wideband sensors fyi. the spartan 3 is the current model. you can choose from basic or can enabled controllers. they can use the new bosch ADV sensor also which is supposedly more reliable than the LSU4.9 although I havent used one myself

not sure on bulk buy, send him a message
            1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

I've have a TechEdge 2J9 in my HSV and it's been there since I bought the car around 5 years ago. I replaced the sensor last year after I think around 4 years (35,000kms). Also run an Innovate LC2 in my Monaro, but that thing chews through sensors because it gets moved in and out of the garage more than it see's street miles these days so the sensors foul up like crazy - i.e. no fault of the controller. Before I moved house and hardly touch the car anymore I would have gotten 2-3 years from a sensor in the HQ before I started fucking around with E85. I know some people have had issues with 4.9 stuff, but i've not had a problem.
              Originally posted by Motherfucker Jones
              If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
              we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

Comment

14 point 7 and 4.9 here, no complaints

Comment

Originally posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
                  Potentially after 3 units.

If they can get a better deal for more, make it 4 units.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_cow View Post

If they can get a better deal for more, make it 4 units.
                    make it 5. The 14 point 7 gauge is unavailable on the website tho..

Comment

What about this arrangement?

https://www.justraceparts.com.au/spa...j2bO8rchQg9TI8

I can message them and see what they'll do for 4/5 units IF they have them?

Comment

Keen mate. I need to order something this week

Comment

Originally posted by gmr View Post
                          Keen mate. I need to order something this week
                          I missed your reply sorry man.

I've emailed them just waiting for a reply.

Comment

tack me on the list for one too if they have them please mate!
                            Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                            And I’ve explained many times this is not just another four year election.

The outcome will determine civilisation as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by no13b_Coupe View Post

I missed your reply sorry man.

I've emailed them just waiting for a reply.
                              cheers mate

Comment

I want the one that goes to my ecu to assist with tuning etc

Comment

Working...
                                X