Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me some 2 pack paint for general purpose type work

Hi all,

I'm after some two pack paint for general purpose type work, such as brackets, chassis, fence posts etc. Probably just after black at the moment.

It will mostly be rolled or brushed on maybe occasionally used in a spray gun if I am doing bigger jobs.

Looking for something that's good value, doesn't have to be high end as I don't think I will be painting a car with it.

I'm over using enamels such as quick dry as it scratches easily and fades.

Any recommendations would be good.

Thanks

I use Protec 604 Satin Black for exactly this purpose... Brackets etc..

Comment

Thanks mate, do you need to prime when going over clean steel or can it be applied without priming?

Also where is the best place to get it from and do you recall how much it costs?

Thanks

Comment

https://valsparindustrialmix.com.au might have something suitable too.

valspar own debeer

Comment

Guys at work have been using a bit of this lately on anything steel outdoors. Must be pretty hard wearing.

https://www.duluxprotectivecoatings.com.au/

To be honest though, I don't think you can probably go wrong with any of the industrial coatings if you want something pretty hardy you can brush/roll on. It's certainly a step above 2 pack auto finishes. Goes down pretty thick. Otherwise look at single pack epoxies. Going to be a bit cheaper than industrial paints.
          Last edited by Madhatr; 22-07-21, 12:45 PM.
          Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
          This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

I know you said no enamel but have you tried rustguard epoxy enamel? I love that stuff it looks great and dries really hard after about a week. You can get it from Bunnings $17 a can

Comment

Originally posted by richzx View Post
              I know you said no enamel but have you tried rustguard epoxy enamel? I love that stuff it looks great and dries really hard after about a week. You can get it from Bunnings $17 a can
              Came here to post this. Takes a while to dry but thick and chrm resistant

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
              Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
              Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
              Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

I've used wattyl kill rust epoxy enamel which I believe is similar to the rust guard. I found it to be hard wearing but have only really used it indoors so not sure how well it would do outside when exposed to rain and sun, it might fade over time.

Can get 4lts of wattyl colourthane jet black 2k + hardener for $200

https://paintmobile.com.au/collectio...37206550118556

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWallGT500 View Post
                  https://valsparindustrialmix.com.au might have something suitable too.

valspar own debeer
                  +1, get the VIM540 or whatever it's called now. Self priming, can be brushed and is as tough as fuck.

Comment

So is VIM540 a 2 pack type paint?

Comment

Looks like it. That's all I could find when I googles vim540.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Yep sure is 2 pack

Comment

Working...
                          X