Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fittings for high vibration environments (offroad) speedflow or brass barbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• takai
    replied
    From memory a couple of the Adelaide guys who ran big offroad rigs were using stainless JIC fittings rather than alloy AN ones.

Leave a comment:

• dnegative
    replied
    Yeah, go with some sort of steel product.
    JIC/AN fittings dont come loose with vibration either.

Leave a comment:

• Faux Forg
    replied
    https://australia.dixonvalve.com/product/1020804SS

Leave a comment:

• TROLLA
    replied
    They don't gal at all in my experience, I have never seen an issue, there is a few guys that work on these all the time, Allan's engineering in malalla tune some and also Troy from TeeZee tuning does them, U could ask them.

I would suggest you are overthinking and just put on dash fitting and move on.

Leave a comment:

• Fittings for high vibration environments (offroad) speedflow or brass barbs?

Hi All,

doing a diesel fuel system for an offroader that will see a lot of ruts in its life. its 12mm low pressure hose and i need to get it into a 1/4 NPT fitting for a filter assembly. I may well be over thinking this.

options are
    - brass 1/4"NPT to 12mm hose barb with a clamp (which is turning out to be impossible to find)
    - speedflow 1/4"NPT to male -8 taper then -8 female taper to 12mm hose barb with a clamp

in aircraft and shit they always seem to lockwire the AN fittings. do they ever come loose? or does Aluminium thread gall enough to hold? i guess the other option is a dab of loctite on the speedflow taper joint threads.
Working...
X