Learn me on clear view filtration systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learn me on clear view filtration systems

Thinking I might pick one up for the next build while I'm stateside.

A few questions -

Did it allow you to catch anything before the motor grenaded?
    Does the air hose actually disperse enough oil to see the filter?
    How long does a filter last?
    Does the perspex discolour quite quickly with hot oil?
    Are they worth it? Are they over kill for a street/strip car?

Unit in question - 400-115

4" filter
    115 micron pre filter
    -12AN in/out

Side note: does Ryco/anyone in aus make a filter that can be subbed in for :

K&N # HP-2003 or # HP-3002 or
    WIX #51069 or # 51060
    BlackOut Series can use Napa Gold filters

I believe they're for early Chev engines - easy to find everywhere in the US but a little harder to find in AUS from my initial searching.

If you've got one, would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Picture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clear View.png
Views:	279
Size:	665.1 KB
ID:	7303118

I doubt that's going to help you much unless internally illuminated and continuously monitored by some Goober finding AI Software/camera package.

Doesn't take much more effort to pull the dipstick on most motors.
    Last edited by Slides; 12-10-21, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Motive are using this on their mental GTR
      Originally posted by TK
      may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Comment

Pointless unless your trying to gauge how much water is in your oil?
        If your motor is fucked enough that you can see metal in that your going to already know about it.
        Last edited by dnegative; 12-10-21, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by venicebeach View Post
          Side note: does Ryco/anyone in aus make a filter that can be subbed in for :

K&N # HP-2003 or # HP-3002 or
          WIX #51069 or # 51060
          BlackOut Series can use Napa Gold filters
          Baldwin B27 or B1428
          Fleetguard LF651
          Donaldson LFP170025 or LFP550035 (or a few other donaldson filters also cross over)

none of those are aussie made but they should be easy enough to get, the baldwin ones definitely are
          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
          And I’ve explained many times this is not just another four year election.

The outcome will determine civilisation as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by dnegative View Post
            Pointless unless your trying to gauge how much water is in your oil?
            If your motor is fucked enough that you can see metal in that your going to already know about it.
            I'm sure Motive said it's enough to be able to see flecks of metal in the oil when inspecting in between runs. At that stage you may get away with a set of bearings rather than a much more expensive repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Gussy View Post

I'm sure Motive said it's enough to be able to see flecks of metal in the oil when inspecting in between runs. At that stage you may get away with a set of bearings rather than a much more expensive repair.
              Surely a look at the dipstick, oil pan ball valve or filter cut will do as well or better than what I assume will be a top side windows to actually catch enough light to see anything, it's not like a thin sight tube external to an oil tank (which they could also run, I assume it is dry sump?). So many better ways to do it.

Comment

So these have been being used in hardcore drag engines for a few years now, I reccomend them to everyone.

You can see the metal bits without having to cut your filters up.

Comment

Originally posted by Slides View Post

Surely a look at the dipstick, oil pan ball valve or filter cut will do as well or better than what I assume will be a top side windows to actually catch enough light to see anything, it's not like a thin sight tube external to an oil tank (which they could also run, I assume it is dry sump?). So many better ways to do it.
                  It has an air port that you shoot a bit of air into via a schrader valve (bike pump will even do it if on the road or at the track). That disperses the oil and leaves the screen view unobstructed by oil

Comment

Originally posted by 1320ft View Post
                    So these have been being used in hardcore drag engines for a few years now, I reccomend them to everyone.

You can see the metal bits without having to cut your filters up.
                    I'm sold.

Comment

These appear to be a wet sump version of the Oberg 'Tattle Tale' filter used on dry sump systems, the only noticeable difference being that's it's got a clear section so you can see the debris without stripping the filter. They've been used for years in NASCAR with great success.
                      https://www.obergfilters.com/product...n-screen-blue/

Comment

that one is fine for the pressure side before the engine, the one with out the filter on the bottom is designed for the use on the scavenge return back to the tank, make sure you get the right one for your application..
                        im a cunt
                        and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Ended up calling Mike (owner/inventor?) and having a chat. Nice guy and turned out a fuck load cheaper than if I were to buy in AUS.

Comment

Originally posted by venicebeach View Post
                            Ended up calling Mike (owner/inventor?) and having a chat. Nice guy and turned out a fuck load cheaper than if I were to buy in AUS.
                            no doubt, thats why i buy all my parts in the usa and ship them back here
                            im a cunt
                            and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Working...
                            X