Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAR HOISTS - 11 different types - Brisbane and Melbourne Warehouse.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Lincoln
    Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

Just placed the order for my HAPP40 to go in the shed, now to play the waiting game for it to arrive so can install it

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1472.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1,004.2 KB
ID:	6612368

Got the hoist up and test run over past few weekends. Can say i am impressed at the quality for price of the Haap 40. Its not far behind the molnar and rotary lift ones we have in the workshop.

Didnt use the supplied dyna bolts decided to chemset 16mm rod into the slab for less chance of bolt movement.

Can put the jack and stands away in the corner and enjoy not rolling on the ground.

Thanks to Lincoln for getting the logistics and ball rolling for me.

Comment

Can put the jack and stands away in the corner and enjoy not rolling on the ground.
          I only see one hoist there. I'm forever jacking up cars underneath my project cars that always seem to be on the hoist.

P.s. nice work shop space mate
          GAS 260Z RB26DET
          GAS 1600 3SGE BEAMS

Comment

Originally posted by garvice View Post
            I only see one hoist there. I'm forever jacking up cars underneath my project cars that always seem to be on the hoist.

P.s. nice work shop space mate
            One will hopefully do the job but guess there is always room next to it for a 4 post. Slab only strengthened in one bay for a 2 post.

If i had more hoists then i will get too busy at home.
            Shed is slowly getting to where i want it. Gotta make up some study benches next, Most the good ones ive seen come with a good price attached

Comment

Bit of a thread deflection, but I originally had a 6m bench along one wall. It became a shelf and wasnt usable. Best thing I did was pull it down and use the space for machine/toolbox storage and build a decent, heavy, metal movable fabrication table. Only 1100x900 but has all my welding, cutting, grinding equipment on it.
              GAS 260Z RB26DET
              GAS 1600 3SGE BEAMS

Comment

So, if I use these

http://happ.com.au/miscellaneous/large-baseplates/

I can get away with a standard (4 inch thick) slab?
                I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

maybe PM linc. IIRC he is away a lot for work these days.
                  .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

I am also curious about said plates/concrete requirements

Comment

Workcover/insurance will not cover you if there is a failire/accident that is attributed to concrete failure. In practice they do the job very well. All concrete and fasteners must be monitored periodically for pulling.

Comment

Cool, thanks. Doing some basic (very) maths, me standing on one foot would be more downward pressure on the concrete per square inch than a 1500kg car on that hoist using those plates (obviously there are leverage loads to account for)

Comment

No one cares about compression loads, concrete is very strong in this regard and why it is such a common building material. If the load was only in compression then you could put a hoist on dirt with no issues.

Concrete is very weak in tension, which is the load the hoist is putting on it when it isn't perfectly balanced ie always. The hoist is basically a lever trying to pull the concrete up, hence the requirement for a stronger slab with greater force distribution underneath the posts.
                          Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Thought i covered that with the parenthesis but yeah, I agree. Problem is adding thickness to an established slab

Comment

Hey Lincoln,

Trying to get an idea of clearance height underneath your 4 post hoists. Need extra floor space in the shed to run my business so thinking of parking my longterm datsun project (going on 6+years without work) on a 4 post and working underneath it. I'm short but don't want to be hitting my head on the long ramps all day long. Website has a lifting height. It's that height of tires off the ground or clearance under all parts of the hoist?
                              GAS 260Z RB26DET
                              GAS 1600 3SGE BEAMS

Comment

What options are there if I wanted to put a hoist in my garage but the existing slab doesnt meet spec.. what can be done so I can put one in?
                                /csh Racing

Comment

Working...
                                X