Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAR HOISTS - 11 different types - Brisbane and Melbourne Warehouse.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Lincoln - lets turn this around
    Click image for larger version

Name:	garage-layout-gable-pf.png
Views:	1
Size:	450.1 KB
ID:	6617528

This is the area I've got to play with.
    I'm keen on a two post hoist - and this diagram is roughly set up with the dimensions of a HAPP 95

My constraints are that I'll need a minimum of the 1.75metre lift so I can park my current car underneath.
    What would you recommend Lincoln?
    Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

313cm - 175cm... what's your car? a GT40?

have you considered a 4 post?
      This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

I'd really prefer a 2 post, both for ease of messing with suspension, and not getting in the way
        Garage roof isn't flat - here is a picture showing that.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	garage-layout-gable-front-pf.png
Views:	1
Size:	334.3 KB
ID:	6617529

Cheers,
        Ken
        Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

What are peoples thoughts on these types of hoists?? I like them for the fact I can still park 2 cars in the garage and not have to worry about posts being in the way.. and theres still room down the middle to do stuff like gearbox removal etc...

/csh Racing

Comment

Originally posted by AxGT View Post
            I'd really prefer a 2 post, both for ease of messing with suspension, and not getting in the way
            Garage roof isn't flat - here is a picture showing that.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]110128[/ATTACH]

Cheers,
            Ken
            I went with a 35, really tight to get around the car especially with the roller door down

I also remote mounted the control box to the wall so I could move the hoist as close as possible to the wall
            I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

If you can only have 1 hoist, and itíll fit... get a 4poster. You can do the same shit, just have to have a jacking beam. Makes quick jobs quicker, easier to catch drips if youíre parking another car underneath. If youíre making exhausts and shit, you know itíll still fit when you let the car down to the ground. Itís nice to have a bench when youíre working on brakes and suspension

Comment

Surprised you say that bpm. I have 4 hoists, only one is a 4 poster and I rarely use it cause it's such a pita.
                For the extra 30 seconds it takes to position the arms the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

Comment

Yeah Iíve got 2 4 posters and 3 2 posters
                  4 posters get used heaps for services. Everything else is easy. Just jack it, takes less than a minute. No lifting wheels to the ground etc.
                  The only thing theyíre shit for is removing gearboxes/engines/diffs

Comment

Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
                    What are peoples thoughts on these types of hoists?? I like them for the fact I can still park 2 cars in the garage and not have to worry about posts being in the way.. and theres still room down the middle to do stuff like gearbox removal etc...

I like mine, I had trenches formed when pouring the garage slab so it sits level with the floor when down. Very unobtrusive if you have limited space.

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post
                      313cm - 175cm... what's your car? a GT40?
                      don't even need that much Ö.

The car was named the GT (for Grand Touring) with the 40 representing its overall height of 40 inches (1.02 m, measured at the windshield)

Comment

^hot M3 is hot
                        The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugs View Post
                          I like mine, I had trenches formed when pouring the garage slab so it sits level with the floor when down. Very unobtrusive if you have limited space.

I'd love to do the same, that way i still have two car spaces in the garage when its not in use.

im gonna have to get some work done with the concrete slab i guess, because i doubt its up to standard. what brand did you end up going with?
                          /csh Racing

Comment

I got it from http://www.aaq.net.au/

Comment

tufflift vs these jiggers, opinions?
                              https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

from a welders perspective they both have the china stick-welded scrap-metal look :D but the HAPP looks to be the better of the two.
                                https://www.facebook.com/Petes-Weldi...7343264035404/

Comment

Working...
                                X