Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAR HOISTS - 11 different types - Brisbane and Melbourne Warehouse.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So checked mine - I have a nut each side of the flange...
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
      No but my cables are ass around to the pic you posted. Cable comes down into the left and up into the right making the adjusting nut and itís locknut at the back and a pain to tension and lock
      Yep. Your hoist is a floor plate model so they are opposite as you said. Lift a car, lower on safeties and use a rattle gun with a tube socket. Makes adjusting easy.

Comment

Originally posted by LINCOLN View Post
        Yep. Your hoist is a floor plate model so they are opposite as you said. Lift a car, lower on safeties and use a rattle gun with a tube socket. Makes adjusting easy.
        Fuck, you scared the shit out of me. I was out there at midnight trying to figure out how I fucked it up
        I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Just deciding between the HAPP40 and HAPP60 clear floor lifts for home use. From what I can see the main difference is single vs dual point safety releases.

Will walking around the vehicle every time to release the opposite side annoying the piss out of me over time for the saving of $200?
          LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

Originally posted by neil_se View Post
            Just deciding between the HAPP40 and HAPP60 clear floor lifts for home use. From what I can see the main difference is single vs dual point safety releases.

Will walking around the vehicle every time to release the opposite side annoying the piss out of me over time for the saving of $200?
            It would annoy the fuck out of me and I would spend more than 200 for single point release over double.

Comment

If you've got limited room like I do, I think that $200 is worth spending; sometimes I just want to get the wheels off the ground, and to get 'round to the other side of the hoist when you can't just walk under the car means climbing over the arms & squeezing past things. 'Tis annoying. Why did they make my block of land so small?!
              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

I mentioned this in another thread but the dual point release on my HAPP60 hasn't really bothered me. Obviously single point would be far more convenient, but in my case I'm being inconvenienced on average maybe 2-3 times a week, so it's a not a big deal at all. If you were using a hoist more often than me I can see that $200 being worthwhile though. For a pro there would be no question.
                Norbie!

Comment

Noob question - you pull the release and it stays unlocked until the car is on the ground - and then it re-sets or something?
                  This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

It resets when the carriages move up again.
                    Norbie!

Comment

No HAPP60s in stock so the decision was made for me to go with the HAPP40.

Sorry if it causes you any trouble Lincoln but not being able to get hold of you by email or phone all week, I contacted Maree so that I could pick up on my rare day off next week. She was not impressed with the quoted price though.
                      LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

No worries. I am overseas and it would have been cheaper from you from Brisbane.

Comment

It might have helped avoid the 3rd degree, but anyway I worked out a deal with Maree.

I collected it today but am away on holidays from tomorrow so won't have a chance to install for a week or 2. I'll be interested to see if I can install it by myself...
                          LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

If you have a forklift it's possible, but still pretty sketchy standing the posts up by yourself unless they're well supported.

Comment

I was thinking of using a chain block next to the side wall of the shed to get them upright, then shimmying into position.
                              LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

In my experience the posts are surprisingly stable once they're upright. Getting them upright is the hard part, but a chain block will definitely help!
                                Norbie!

Comment

Working...
                                X