Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAR HOISTS - 11 different types - Brisbane and Melbourne Warehouse.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We used an engine hoist toward the middle to lift 90% and walked them up the rest of the way - two people no problem - one person - if you can chain block it from the roof or something - sure - but im sure you could find someone here to help you eat pizza and beer on a Saturday afternoon
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

I stopped by the shed for a short while just to unwrap it and ended up getting the posts upright. No manual lifting required with a 1m round sling in this position. Is there anything you cant do with an engine crane?

I didn't actually open the boxes though, are there shims included in the package?
      Attached Files
      LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

Haha did you do the same thing I did raised the columns without removing the heavy arms and everything else wrapped up inside? lol, I had to lay them back down.
        Theres wasn't enough shims for my application I had to laser cut some more.
        Last edited by jabtronic; 13-10-19, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Haha, no I just needed to lift it enough to pull the contents out since they're face to face.
          LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

Give us a call when installing. Happy to help. 0418900481. There are a few tips and tricks that the manual (heavy reading) does not describe well.

P.s. I am no longer involved with the hoists due to health issues but more than happy to help.

Comment

Sorry to hear Lincoln.

I managed to get it all installed solo with the use of an engine crane and tall platform ladder. It was pretty straightforward and your instructions on a previous page to get the balance cables adjusted was very helpful.
              Attached Files
              LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

Has anyone been able to find replacement lifting pads that can lift from pinch welded sills without crushing them? I've found rubber blocks on ebay that are designed for use with trolley jacks and they sort of work but I'd like to find something a bit more substantial. Does anyone know where to look for this sort of thing? I had a look on the HAPP web site but couldn't see anything there.
                Norbie!

Comment

Are you after something that mounts to the hoist arm & replaced the existing flat rubber pad, rather than being a piece of rubber which sits on top of the existing flat rubber pad?
                  Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Yes that's what I had in mind, if such a thing exists. I'm thinking it must because lifting from a pinch welded sill would be a pretty common thing?
                    Norbie!

Comment

we have just been using the rubber pads - on the jacking point seams - but still just he rubber pads.

Comment

I used rubber blocks (about 100x100x75mm with a20mm channel in them) on top of my hoist pads. Got them from an online hoist place but can't seem to find there details.
                        GAS 260Z RB26DET
                        GAS 1600 3SGE BEAMS

Comment

I get Norbie's desirement though, not only is it neater without all these extra rubber blocks with slits in them sitting around, but you can lift lower cars … the Volvo doesn't sit super low at the jacking points, but when using the blocks to avoid squashing the seams there's not a lot of clearance when the hoist's on the floor. I had a squiz at a Cayman when it was parked in the hoist bay, I reckon it'd need to drive on the ramps to get the arms under it.

Which reminds me, I need to get a set now I know what to look for, they seem really cheap on eBay and while I can use a solid chunk of rubber for the Volvo the Commodore's jacking-points really need the slit in the block to line up properly.

The thought of using the jack in the boot now horrifies me, metal-on-paint, yeargh!!
                          Last edited by Captiva Fan; 26-11-19, 06:57 AM.
                          Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Yeah the rubber hockey puck things work OK so I'll continue using them if that's all I can do, but I'd be genuinely surprised if there's nothing else out there.

Speaking of which, I tried using my hockey pucks on the nopics Kia the other day and they wouldn't work, the pucks have a ~15mm deep groove in them but the Kia needs more like 20mm. Has anyone come across a larger size one I can use? I've looked at heaps of ebay listings and they all seem to be 15mm or less, if the dimensions are supplied at all.
                            Norbie!

Comment

I've always just used a hockey puck with a groove cut into it for the pinch weld seam...

Click image for larger version

Name:	0d097778-da2c-48e1-9eae-95dbc2e3047e_1.eb02c7fefc88547ef14719879641fee1.jpeg?odnHeight=2000&odnWidth=2000&odnBg=ffffff.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	7093937
                              /csh Racing

Comment

So I thought you would actually want the force on the base of the seam? isn't that what it's there for? and where factory jacks lift? eg they have a slot only to locate the jack on the seam?

Comment

Working...
                                X