Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAR HOISTS - 11 different types - Brisbane and Melbourne Warehouse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dealings with Happ we're very easy. Having said that just had a 4 poster installed today (for parking) and went with superior hoists.

Comment

Thanks. I guess in the $4k range they are all comparable. Hero Hoists are based in Yatala so can go and check out their display. Happ I think is in Ormeau.

Comment

Originally posted by SlutNutz View Post
        Just signed a contract for a 6 x 12 m shed and now looking at 4 post hoists:
        • Autolift AL-10000T 3500 kg ($3850)
        • Tufflift TLV3.6PH-S 3629 kg ($3490)
        • Joels Garage Gear 4PSTSTD 4000 kg ($3100)
        • Bendpak HD-7P 3175 kg ($6990)
        • Hero Hoists Lift King 9 4000 kg ($3600)
        • HAPP25 4000 kg ($3900)
        Any recommendations on what's decent out of these chinese made lifts? The HAPP one looks pretty good but from what I'm reading here they are a mission to deal with?
        Have a look at the alemlube ones, the model with the electronic locks is one I am thinking about. AA40CF2P
        Last edited by TROLLA; 03-05-21, 01:35 PM.
        3D scanning
        3D modelling
        Structural certification
        3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Interesting. Noticed they have Italian made stuff too.

Comment

Yep was more expensive, I was just going to getc2 Chinese ones, just not the bottom level and should be ok for what I am doing.
            3D scanning
            3D modelling
            Structural certification
            3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

I think so. Mine will just be for storage, certainly not getting used everyday so a half decent Chinese one should suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by Madhatr View Post
                Genesis quoted me about $5700 trade not too long ago. So id say you probably wont have much change from $6000.
                Hmmm, ok. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post

For the same reason, a 4 post lift doesn't need anything special.
                  I'm also looking at lifts for a new garage, so with the typical waffle pod slab is a 4 post lift ok or am I limited to a mid rise lift?

I'm sure I've read the mid rise ones didn't need any specific slab requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz7 View Post

I'm also looking at lifts for a new garage, so with the typical waffle pod slab is a 4 post lift ok or am I limited to a mid rise lift?

I'm sure I've read the mid rise ones didn't need any specific slab requirements.
                    Not sure what you're differentiating between 4 post and "mid rise" here.

I'm no expert, but the main thing with any type of 4 post is that concrete is always in compression. So a 4 post is hardly any different to just the car sitting on its 4 wheels. They don't even need to be bolted down.

Anything 2 post is different since they need to be bolted to the floor and thus the concrete needs to withstand the leverage of half the weight of the car on one site of the two. Anything that needs to be bolted down, will need more than an standard waffle pod slab.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post

Not sure what you're differentiating between 4 post and "mid rise" here.
                      Yep, I know I can't put in a 2 post without cutting out and pouring new pads.

I haven't considered a 4 post previously as I figured they would be similar.

The only reason I've been considering the mid rise type is that's all I thought I could get away with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MDS-6LP-Mid-Rise-Lift-5175226-BendPak.png
Views:	72
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	7251051

Comment

Originally posted by Daz7 View Post

Yep, I know I can't put in a 2 post without cutting out and pouring new pads.

I haven't considered a 4 post previously as I figured they would be similar.

The only reason I've been considering the mid rise type is that's all I thought I could get away with.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MDS-6LP-Mid-Rise-Lift-5175226-BendPak.png Views:	0 Size:	45.0 KB ID:	7251051
                        Right, I briefly considered these but they are fairly high (that one is 127mm) so needed to be embedded needing more concrete. Would be too high for my cars. And because they're quite heavy, not really portable in a regular garage to move around. Driving over them every day would get old IMO.

Looks like those mid rise ones may need to be bolted down too.
                        Last edited by Shonky; 10-05-21, 01:16 PM.

Comment

They often come with or you can buy extension ramps for them. We had bendpak ones and you could just pull the ramps out so they were tiered and each rise was only about 50mm. Could get lowered cars on to them no problems.

People wondering about your slab, you should speak to the suppliers as you can test your existing slab for hardness and depth and sometimes fit a steel spacer plate underneath the hoist to help spread the load across a greater area. 12-16mm thick, 400x600mm or sometimes 600mm square. Increases the minimum low height of the hoist, but any issues with really low cars and sliding the arms under the sills can be accommodated for pretty easily.
                          Last edited by Madhatr; 11-05-21, 09:57 AM.
                          Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                          This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Working...
                          X