Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SYD: Inner city fabrication - coolant hardline

A steel coolant hardline that runs along the chassis rail in the Benz disintegrated in my hand last week. Of course, it's NLA from MB, 3-4 weeks ex-Germany for a repro item through M-B Spares.

Surely it wouldn't be too hard to remanufacture. OD is 18mm, and it doesn't need to be steel. This is it:
    http://www.sls-hh-shop.de/main/en/me...0sl-lhd-p-7045

Any suggestions of a fabricator in the inner city (North Shore, Mascot, Inner West)?
    230SL 'Pagoda' | 911 SC Targa | FC RX-7 Infini

Will ask my Dad where he got his 230SL parts from before he sold it. Might be another source.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Motorsport Connections might be worth a shot they're out west but also got mobile van.
      an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

Any Hydraulics supplier. Pirtek. Etc.
        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski:
        I knew it. That orange bastard is controlling the weather with HAARP just to save his Mar-a-Lago property where he intends to host his handler, Vladimir Putin, at next years G7 which will be morphed back into the G8.

Comment

Pirtek could do it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
          EL GHIA
          GT3582R
          EMS

Comment

Yep Pirtek, they are now in botany though.

Comment

Thanks guys, enzed said no dice so presumed Pirtek would be the same. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow.

Motorsport Connections can only work with tube up to 15mm apparently

Comment

Lol pirtek and unzed I only use hydralink. you just need a beader that does 18mm that is all the difference is between pipe and hose pipe for coolant systems. The major concern I would have is that it has had either no coolant changes or mixed coolants and the rest of the cooling system will be fucked I would address this before you go any further.

Comment

No dice with Pirtek, the y-piece is the stumbling block for them too. Any other suggestions?

Comment

does a hose just push onto each end and do up with a hose clamp?
                    EL GHIA
                    GT3582R
                    EMS

Comment

Originally posted by [CatchMe] View Post
                      No dice with Pirtek, the y-piece is the stumbling block for them too. Any other suggestions?
                      Hawkesbury Hydraulics are pretty clever. And versatile. Everything from a 50yo tractor to a Top Fuel dragster have had bits made there.
                      Originally posted by Walt Kowalski:
                      I knew it. That orange bastard is controlling the weather with HAARP just to save his Mar-a-Lago property where he intends to host his handler, Vladimir Putin, at next years G7 which will be morphed back into the G8.

Comment

could you not bodge up some heater hose and brass barbs until the new one arrives?

Comment

You can get 3/4in annealed copper tubing from Bunnings, and it bends by hand easily enough. You could cut it at the right spot, stick in a barbed t-piece (or y-piece), with some heater hose to connect, and once you painted it bleck, it would look pretty close and work just fine.
                          Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Working...
                          X