Any engineering signatories in ACT?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my experience as a vehicle inspector the Hume inspection station accepts a correction with the initials of the inspector next to the correction. So it's pretty shit to get charged for such a simple thing also Hume are cunts.

Comment

Jim are you coming to LlamaLunch? Can give you a run-down of some of the experiences we've just had - in the ACT it's 50% engineer choice and 50% internal politics that cause problems.
      ---
      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Originally posted by S View Post
        From my experience as a vehicle inspector the Hume inspection station accepts a correction with the initials of the inspector next to the correction. So it's pretty shit to get charged for such a simple thing also Hume are cunts.
        Hume are the only station inspecting modified and ICV. So whether they're cunts or not they are the authority. I have found the physical inspection folks to be very good to deal with, the interpretation and application of the rules can be interesting, but that goes back into the office politics etc.

One of the most interesting things is the interpretations of ride height and how it applies and should be measured as there's at least 2 "rules" that contradict each other, and ACT follows a more simple 3rd one - it's actually more practical BUT if you built to either of the other two you could be screwed.
        ---
        Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Can chat to you Wednesday at the lunch.

Comment

Awesome thanks mate
            Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
            my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
              That was how I read the post. Surely the engineer is responsible for the content and detail of his report.
              Yeah, If i was writing the report, I would have inspected and recorded the fucking engine number myself.
              "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Correct.
                Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Working...
                X