Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brake line tools. What's not crap (hard lines)

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GHZ28 View Post
    Same price at Supercheap too. So if member/trade you get it for less.

We had a guy come in to do a cut and shut on an abraded brake hard line
    and when he left he went straight next door to Supercheap and bought one.

Its a direct copy of the Eastwood one.

edit. or is it the Toledo one, one of them anyway
    Nice. Pity it doesnt come down any on Club price, probably only Trade. Plus the shipping is more from SCA given its an order in item.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
      Ive got a wurth turret flaring tool, but im planning to buy one of these too.

Would making on-car changes way easier. $40 is dumb cheap..

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/jimy-Pro...19.m1438.l2649
      i made an adaptor to hold your worth flaring tool, to do some on car in situ. Big old bit of nb40 pipe, few bits of rhs as a clamp, and a few bend options on the nb40 to position as needed. Worked fine :p now itís in the dirt and the dog plays with it.
      Originally posted by Bosshoggett
      If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
        Nice. Pity it doesnt come down any on Club price, probably only Trade. Plus the shipping is more from SCA given its an order in item.
        yes online says online only, but Browns Plains said they had just started carrying them in stock as of week before last and had 7 on the shelf.

It only comes down a little with trade card.
        Radical SR3
        HSV R8
        BMW 325ti Proddy Car

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
          Ive got a wurth turret flaring tool, but im planning to buy one of these too.

Would making on-car changes way easier. $40 is dumb cheap..

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/jimy-Pro...19.m1438.l2649
          Can highly recommend Tim's Wurth unit. Works most excellently.
          I wonder if there's a version of the jimy that does bubble flares?
          "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

I donít even remember loaning it to Cracka and gammaboy. Glad it gets some use though!

Comment

Originally posted by GHZ28 View Post
              yes online says online only, but Browns Plains said they had just started carrying them in stock as of week before last and had 7 on the shelf.

It only comes down a little with trade card.
              Cool, ill give Maribyrbongs a go then.
              Chris
              ------
              The new nugget
              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                Can highly recommend Tim's Wurth unit. Works most excellently.
                I wonder if there's a version of the jimy that does bubble flares?
                You could cheat with that one as the first flare you make is a bubble flare, which you then drive inside itself for the double flare. The problem is in the seating though, you wont be able to do a proper double flare with a die that has a DIN shaped seat. It's square where the SAE one is tapered to support the flare being formed in the second punch as the bubble is pressed inside itself, so the lead in to the bubble will be tapered instead of squared off. You can still use tapered SAE flare nuts and they will tighten down a bubble flare without crushing the head. But if you use proper squared off DIN brake nuts for bubble flares without using a DIN die, it can crack the tube when you tighten the line as it tries to flatten the back of the bubble flare when it tightens. Kinda dodgy these days using SAE nuts on a single SAE flare, but it does work as evident by the hordes of old british cars driving around like this. Once tightened, if it doesn't fracture the line, I think people would be hard pressed to tell the difference though.

Ive got a turret one too, the difference is the die is reversible. Has SAE seat on one side, ISO/DIN on the other.
                Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Working...
                X