Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted Driveshaft parts

Making my own tailshaft, I really don't trust anyone to do it properly. It isn't difficult to do but getting the parts seems to be annoying.

I need two CV's, 2 splined shafts for inside the CV's and the triangle flange for a T56 gearbox. Obviously I can buy new CVs from Hardy Spicer but that doesn't get me the full housing or the splined shafts to go in them.

Is it possible to buy these parts new or will I have to go the stupid expensive way of buying two second hand commodore shafts?
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Since you know the construction that will work any decent tailshaft place could do it. If possible a non-plunging at one end and plunging at the other would be good but mine works ok with two plunging.

I spoke to GJ Drivelines and they seemed more helpful from a customer service point of view than HS.

Comment

Indrotech in Hallam are big guns and shit over gj

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by 50RTD
      Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

yeah but how much more do they charge? and how busy are they? I ordered mine from G&J at about 12pm Monday and got the call tue arvo letting me know it was done.

Comment

They offer 24 hr service due to industry needs. Mate has had a couple tailshafts sorted on the spot

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by 50RTD
          Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

So no one knows where to obtain new parts from?
            Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by KDog View Post
              So no one knows where to obtain new parts from?
              I bought some of my parts from Jegs when I couldn't source them locally.

I also spent some time researching the parts on-line and fed that to Hardy Spicer to ensure I got the parts I felt were best suited.

CV's you can buy from the states fairly cheaply and just match with the spline/shaft stub from HS.

Comment

Working...
              X