Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melbourne Exhaust components (pipe etc)

What is the current hotness in sourcing exhaust stuff in Melbourne. The old place i used to go to has gone bust (out near Airport West), and the other two places nearby refuse to sell tube etc.

Need a bunch of stainless tube for tig practice etc.

Where to use these days?
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

off cuts from an exhaust shop?
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Yeah, going to ask at Ace in Ringwood when i go past there this afternoon. But hoping for recommendations so im not chasing my tail for ages.

Especially given that the two places i have asked so far have both been like 'nah, bring it in here and we will mig up something terrible and massively overcharge you for it because you said "stainless"'
      Chris
      ------
      The new nugget
      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Geordi Stainless www.geordi.com.au
        Originally posted by ALLMTR
        the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

Originally posted by TRD-MX62 View Post
          Geordi Stainless www.geordi.com.au
          They have specials on their page from wrong orders etc - bought a shitload of 1" (fuck knows why, that's too small for anything) 90 degree bends from them for cheap to practice my TIG, never got around to the practice bit.

http://www.geordi.com.au/page92.html

Aliexpress might be worth a look if you don't mind waiting.

I've got about a metre of 2.5" I can try to get to you, should have left it at a mate's place in thornbury, he didn't want it.

Comment

If it's just for practicing on, google commercial kitchen manufacturers.

They'll have heaps of offcuts of 25x25x1.2 and 31.8x31.8x1.2 304 square tube as well as 304 and 430 sheet offcuts that they will swap for beer.

Boat canopy manufacturers will have 19.05 x 1.2 316 rounds but those guys are few and far between these days.

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
              What is the current hotness in sourcing exhaust stuff in Melbourne. The old place i used to go to has gone bust (out near Airport West), and the other two places nearby refuse to sell tube etc.

Need a bunch of stainless tube for tig practice etc.

Where to use these days?
              I got my SS for practicing from a scrap metal recycler, $5 per KG. I got a mix of tube, it looks like it came out of a dismantled commercial kitchen.

And if you are looking for mandrel bends and other exhaust parts, check out https://bestmufflers.com/ I just ordered a 10 pack of bends at a variety of angles, $120 or so delivered, pretty reasonable price.

Comment

Amron in rowville. Wholesale exhaust place but sell to the public
                Originally posted by 50RTD
                Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Good idea on the commercial kitchen places, ill give them a go. In fact there is a scrap place down the road from work that has a few sinks hanging around.
                  Chris
                  ------
                  The new nugget

Comment

radiant exhaust in laverton

Comment

filthiest work shop ever, but they are pretty good to deal with. They ahve done a few things for me and always well priced
                      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

exhausts must be the new hotness, got quoted $340 to replace a muffler with a hot dog, and fab a 2 foot tailpipe.

haaaaawwwwwmmmusssshhhhh???
                        Originally posted by Marv
                        Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                          filthiest work shop ever, but they are pretty good to deal with. They ahve done a few things for me and always well priced
                          yea good blokes they don't rip people off. They used to be in west footscray even dirtier. Been to them (for nearly 20 years) for all my exhaust work when I can't be fucked.

Comment

Working...
                          X