Air con condenser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air con condenser

It seems that FC RX7 condensers are rarer than unobtanium to get new.

What options do I have? Anyone work in the aircon biz? I have one which is real ratty which could be used to template a custom one off.

http://ishop.cooldrive.com.au/catalo...tors-catalogue
    Originally posted by Marlin
    Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Thanks, with a bit more research I managed to find one which appears very close to the dimensions I need. (2cm taller)

Next question, What do I do with the pipes? They don't come out at the same places.

Comment

Get new ones made but all depends on what style fitting they use, not hard to do cut and shuts ore buy adaptors etc

Comment

Originally posted by matty12 View Post
          Get new ones made but all depends on what style fitting they use, not hard to do cut and shuts ore buy adaptors etc
          after searching for ages for a generic condenser I managed to twist the natrad guys arm into helping. I found a generic condenser which is close enough to the factory size, they are going to run hard lines around to there the factory ones should go. and put the right fittings on etc. the mounts slip off the sides so hopefully we will be able to just switch them over. This is the biggest fk around.

Comment

Just make sure you not down grading the condensor, so going from parallel flow down to a serpentine style if parallel is what was factory. Its always a fuck around to make something else fit, youll soon forget about it mid summer.

Comment

Originally posted by matty12 View Post
              Just make sure you not down grading the condensor, so going from parallel flow down to a serpentine style if parallel is what was factory. Its always a fuck around to make something else fit, youll soon forget about it mid summer.
              I just checked the difference, it looks like it has a serpentine style in it from factory. So cant be any worse.

Edit: Just checked again, the one I am getting is parallel, I assume it will work the same, just be more efficient?
              Last edited by mad_cow; 07-07-21, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X